Edenvale mtb group

rogerdias

Hi is there a group around Edenvale Boksburg for mtb?

When things are "normal" Bicycle line rides farm/plot roads off-road most Saturdays.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Edenglen cycling club. One of the largest cycling clubs in the East Rondt. They have an MTB group. Or so I have been told....

Edited by CAAD4

Hahahaha isn't this thread currently a bit verboden? It's a bit like asking if there is a bank robber group you can join... (cue the triggered)

Hahaha how embarrassing to get charged with "conspiracy to commit mass rides" ????????????

• 4 months later...

Google edenglen cycling. There is a road group which is very active and a MTB group which generally rides 2 out of 3 weekends. The rides are a mix of places like Modderfontein and road / dirt rides.

The contact details ar on the website...

• 10 months later...

JMBC would like to encourage more people to ride their bikes with the club and enjoy the great outdoors. So to promote this initiative, JMBC is waiving visitors fees for the remainder of 2021. This is effective immediately for our organised club outrides (except bike parks).

Please extend this invitation to family and friends so that they can also ride with you. Any former members are welcome too. (JMBC members still have their bike entry fees covered, subsided skills course and year end function and special events).
We usually ride every Sunday morning and have ride groups. Join the Group that is the most suitable for your pace AND ability. To help new riders slot into the right ride group we normally ask how often they ride and the pace they are used to. E.g. The Green group (Beginner) rating would be similar to 2 x 12km green route at Northern Farm or 1 x 20km green route lap at Modderfontein bike park in about 2.5 hours.

We suggest starting with a slower paced group for your first time to allow you to get familiar with the type of trails we ride which sometimes informs the pace and ability of the rider of that group. If you have brought a visitor, it is recommended that you ride with your guest the first time. Please check with the ride coordinator / leader if unsure.

GROUP PACE AND ABILITY:

GREEN: 8 - 11kms per hour - frequent stops - wait for slowest rider

YELLOW: 11 - 13kms per hour - technically competent

RED: 13 - 15kms per hour - can ride technical faster and with fewer stops

BLUE: 15+ experienced and fit - can manage technical problems unassisted

Green group will ride Green distance at a green pace
Green group ride is subject to confirmation of rider numbers

Visitors to sign riders indemnity.
Have you got your ICE (in case of emergency) details easily available? Get an ICE wrist bracelet. Have at least ICE details on you.

Please contact any of the committee members if you'd like more details or contact us at chairman@jmbc.org.za to be added to our Whatsapp Ride Group.