Show your Momsen STR & STF Thread

Hairy

I have the green and yellow STR frame and I think matching it with skinwall tyres will be a good combination.

I read that the skinwall tyres are not as durable /dont look good after awhile. 

Any feedback from those who have skinwall tyres.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the green and yellow STR frame and I think matching it with skinwall tyres will be a good combination.

This thread is battling to gain traction

Helderberg trails on Sat. Bit of a battle getting up some of those sections with a 32 x 34.

Huge fun descending with the bike feeling solid and more than capable on the steeps and rock gardens. Not near as comfortable but not much slower than the dually on most sections either. Looking forward to some new rubber once I've made up my mind on what to get. 

post-3611-0-57802400-1592210293_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYGA

Okay, so come on and give some feedback on the frames, how they ride in WC conditions (Tokai, HB, Conties and Hoogies etc). Also what is the difference between the 2 ST's just the dropouts? 

And how does that 69 degree head angle go on the rowdy DH's? I'm sizing this up Vs the Cotics (at double the price plus import, tax etc) as it's a darn cheap frame for what it is! 

Okay, so come on and give some feedback on the frames, how they ride in WC conditions (Tokai, HB, Conties and Hoogies etc). Also what is the difference between the 2 ST's just the dropouts? 

And how does that 69 degree head angle go on the rowdy DH's? I'm sizing this up Vs the Cotics (at double the price plus import, tax etc) as it's a darn cheap frame for what it is! 

Have you had a look at Marino bikes?

They quoted me 300 dollars for a custom steel tig welded frame.... Shipping plus duty was landed well under 9k. 

I know it's a bit more than the Momsen, but custom.....

Have you had a look at Marino bikes?

They quoted me 300 dollars for a custom steel tig welded frame.... Shipping plus duty was landed well under 9k. 

I know it's a bit more than the Momsen, but custom.....

I have, I've also been looking at a couple of the Sick Bike stock they had and then sold off but that is well into the long and slack end of things and not sure I want to go all that way. 

Must actually go back and chat to the Marino guys again now I've got an idea what I'm looking for. 

I have, I've also been looking at a couple of the Sick Bike stock they had and then sold off but that is well into the long and slack end of things and not sure I want to go all that way. 

Must actually go back and chat to the Marino guys again now I've got an idea what I'm looking for. 

Ja... That Sick! geo was/is really long and slack. I also had a gander and just couldn't see myself enjoying a hardtail with a 1300mm wheelbase on our flat trails.

Ideally I would like my Ros9 slightly longer and half a degree slacker. I think those would be the magic numbers coupled with a stiff front triangle and thin, compliant stays to keep the rear end glued to the trail and twangy while climbing....

If I went the Marino option I would get that, with an ebb instead of sliders.

wait.... you married a woman that made you sell your mtb for a fridge.....??!!!

ans that's  just cold

I needed it to be cold because she is and was hot!

Some say that if you ride Skinwalls with 60Tpi protection, versus regular at 120Tpi you might need comfortable shoes...

Some say that if you ride Skinwalls with 60Tpi protection, versus regular at 120Tpi you might need comfortable shoes...

you sound like the kind of guy that used to own a "gold" bicycle frame ........

you sound like the kind of guy that used to own a "gold" bicycle frame ........

I heard that he got rid of it very quickly to some Skollie in the Keip.