Show your Momsen STR & STF Thread

Hairy

I heard that he got rid of it very quickly to some Skollie in the Keip.

Who apparently realised the errors of his ways and sent it back some Booi in the Land of Gold ...... :P 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who apparently realised the errors of his ways and sent it back some Booi in the Land of Gold ...... :P

Hahaha

• 4 months later...

So there seems to be one of these beauties that have caught my eye. Unfortunately reviews are few and far between, so I'd like to ping you guys for some feedback.

How does it compare to Al hardtails you've ridden? The one I'm looking at is paired up to a 120mm Reba with a dropper, so on paper it seems to be as trail worthy as my Stache, but with a bit more efficiency for longer gravel rides.

I'll probably throw a nice aggressive 2.4/2.5 front tyre on and keep the Ardent on the back.

So there seems to be one of these beauties that have caught my eye. Unfortunately reviews are few and far between, so I'd like to ping you guys for some feedback.

How does it compare to Al hardtails you've ridden? The one I'm looking at is paired up to a 120mm Reba with a dropper, so on paper it seems to be as trail worthy as my Stache, but with a bit more efficiency for longer gravel rides.

I'll probably throw a nice aggressive 2.4/2.5 front tyre on and keep the Ardent on the back.

That bad that everybody who's ridden one has died, or that great that everyone that owns one has been out riding for 5 days straight?

:huh:

This thread has me looking at these as well, not many around and dont see them being sold on momsen website

That bad that everybody who's ridden one has died, or that great that everyone that owns one has been out riding for 5 days straight?

:huh:

Sorry .. it has been 10 days straight that I have been working and unable to get on a bike to give you a review, and if I did, ridding the bike rigid for a spin down to Melkbos would not meet the requirements of your request :P

If the planets align, I may be doing a spin on her this Wednesday morning before work ... you are welcome to fly down to CT to give her a spin :)

I saw the frame for sale, but was hoping they have complete bikes for sale.

Ifi built it up, will end up costing me soooo much more as I will want to go all out extreme

need to curb myself slightly,somehow lol

Don't be daft .... just do it ... I started my build with a pair of old grips I had lying around ... this ended up on a bar, and then the rest followed .... and ending with a carbon fork from that Chewibublegum guy!

Don't be daft .... just do it ... I started my build with a pair of old grips I had lying around ... this ended up on a bar, and then the rest followed .... and ending with a carbon fork from that Chewibublegum guy!

give me some time, just reviewing a project list and costings......

Deciding between this and a gravel build, so need to asses what the heart wants more

but watching this thread closely for updates to further entice me :whistling:

• 6 months later...

Hi all. Can anyone assist or have exoerience converting STR to geared. Is it a worthwhile exercise?

give me some time, just reviewing a project list and costings......

Deciding between this and a gravel build, so need to asses what the heart wants more

but watching this thread closely for updates to further entice me :whistling:

Do both together.

post-24450-0-60187400-1619884283_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Finally finished… well kind of.

Currently running on 650b wheels, as haven’t been able to find a decent set of 29s yet. 

• Lyne AMP bars and stem (780/35)
  • Lyne dropper
  • Lyne Pulse Crankset 
  • SRAM GX 1x 11, 11-42
  • Rockshox Recon forks
  • SRAM Guide RS brakes w/ 180mm rotors 
  • Lyne JB02HE hubs on Ritchey WCS rims

Rides like an absolute dream, haven’t really tested it on anything technical.

283092AD-BCFF-4008-BE7B-16C51831749A.jpeg

4 hours ago, TKG said:

Finally finished… well kind of.

Currently running on 650b wheels, as haven’t been able to find a decent set of 29s yet. 

• Lyne AMP bars and stem (780/35)
  • Lyne dropper
  • Lyne Pulse Crankset 
  • SRAM GX 1x 11, 11-42
  • Rockshox Recon forks
  • SRAM Guide RS brakes w/ 180mm rotors 
  • Lyne JB02HE hubs on Ritchey WCS rims

Rides like an absolute dream, haven’t really tested it on anything technical.

283092AD-BCFF-4008-BE7B-16C51831749A.jpeg

Bike looks  sweet!

I have kinda same setup. Lyne bars and stem, dropper and rs recon 120mm, 1 x 11 setup.

But then changed to lyne carbon bar as the trail chatter got abit hectic or I'm just old 

Ztr crest wheels.

Love the feel of the steel

My daily commuter. Incredible bike. Highlight of my day. Errday.

Not brave enough to go SS.

38Tx42-11 gives good top end pace. 

Upgraded brakes recently. Think I may take a few trail detours on the way home in the coming months. 

Screenshot_20210911_220806_com.whatsapp.jpg

14 hours ago, V18 said:

My daily commuter. Incredible bike. Highlight of my day. Errday.

Not brave enough to go SS.

38Tx42-11 gives good top end pace. 

Upgraded brakes recently. Think I may take a few trail detours on the way home in the coming months. 

Screenshot_20210911_220806_com.whatsapp.jpg

Curious RE that fork travel please?