Thru axle adapter for trainer

Tre

Good day guys

Managed to source a Giant cyclotron trainer only to find out that my TREK emonda has a thru axle and not a skewer that's trainer friendly.

Spoke to many LBS and some said that its impossible to use a thru axle on the said trainer and others just didnt have a clue (no problem as we all are lifelong students)

So I googled long and hard to find that some companies in America saw the gap and are now making thru axles to fit bicycle with 'knurls' at the end to fit the trainers

My question is, have any of you guys experienced this and found out a local solution? Prices for these thru axle adaptors as of today were around the R1300 mark from THE ROBERT AXLE PROJECT

Any feedback will be highly appreciated

Good day guys

Managed to source a Giant cyclotron trainer only to find out that my TREK emonda has a thru axle and not a skewer that's trainer friendly.

Spoke to many LBS and some said that its impossible to use a thru axle on the said trainer and others just didnt have a clue (no problem as we all are lifelong students)

So I googled long and hard to find that some companies in America saw the gap and are now making thru axles to fit bicycle with 'knurls' at the end to fit the trainers

My question is, have any of you guys experienced this and found out a local solution? Prices for these thru axle adaptors as of today were around the R1300 mark from THE ROBERT AXLE PROJECT

Not sure what your Cyclotron "clamps" look like but the Tacx T1707 TA Adapter fits most indoor trainers...

https://www.evobikes.co.za/tacx-t1707-e-thru-12mm-rear-wheel-axle-jack-for-trainer.html

Hi Naas

The cyclotron has normal steel skewers

Had a look at the Evobikes one...thread pitch and length of shaft is different

That's the problem with thru axles...many different sizes but skewers are the same

Hi Naas

That's the problem with thru axles...many different sizes but skewers are the same

Hi Naa will the above item help with me setting up my Disc rod bike on a TacX Flux gen 1?

It currently has the QR..

Thanks

Hi Naa will the above item help with me setting up my Disc rod bike on a TacX Flux gen 1?

It currently has the QR..

Thanks

Yes, that would work, I bought the same thing for my Tacx trainer.   Note that you may have to grind down the one side (appears to be a common issue).

You will need the Tacx T2835 Adapter set for the Flux/Neo (Gen1).

The link is here - https://www.evobikes.co.za/tacx-t2835-quick-release-adapter-set-for-neo-flux-12-x-14mm.html

That is if If you have a 12mm/142mm TA.

If 10mm/135mm as I suspect on the road disc bike you will need the Tacx T2840 

The link is here - https://www.evobikes.co.za/tacx-t2840-neo-quick-release-adapter-set.html

Hi Naas

Which pitch do you have?

They come in 3 types

12 x 1

12 x 1.5

12 x 1.75

Regards

Naas

Good day guys

I do believe that I have the correct thru axle adapter for the Giant cyclotron trainer in my box of bits. Brand-new and never used…

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know where I can get a 168mm rear Thru Axle adapter for a Merida Scultura 6000 to use on a wheel-on trainer?

Seems most of the one's being sold are 142mm