CWC selling used components as new

Odin775

After waiting almost two months for my Zee brakeset to arrive only to find an obviously used brakeset.  Nowhere was it specified as an OEM or as an USED brakeset.  Luckily it was only the front brake as the back brake was brand new. It didn't even have shimano pads in the caliper. The level of service from CWC is horrifying. Now the wait for their support team to contact me  :mellow:  hopefully it won't be another two months. 

Anyone else received new but used components from CWC? 

post-102995-0-83404200-1591779171_thumb.jpg

post-102995-0-40484600-1591779180_thumb.jpg

post-102995-0-98890500-1591779194_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happened to me before. "Brand new" fork with a cut steerer and flower-nut already installed.

It was resolved though when queried so I can't complain about the service. I wrote it off as an oversight and miscommunication internally. 

DAMAGE DONE...

They can rectify all they want. This is inexcusable. My steering wheel will henceforth not make the requisite turns to find me in their parking lot again.

[edit] - Now that I see the price they are charging, and waiting for so many months (I know lockdown) but to then deliver used goods... :nuke:  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

Edited by Robbie Stewart

wow I would also have been a bit pissed off if I were you and would've expected nothing less than an immediate replacement at their charge, but still a waste of your time that they tried and push a semi used component hoping you wouldn't see it like that... 

Edited by Jbr

wow I would also have been a bit pissed off if I were you and would've expected nothing less than an immediate replacement at their charge, but still a waste of your time that they tried and push a semi used component hoping you wouldn't see it like that... 

just "a bit" ?

What was the packaging condition like? I seriously doubt that there was any malicious intent, and would presume that somehow used item (maybe after a service) was stuck in a box and somehow ended up in the wrong place. Would any of you seriously believe that someone would try and purposefully pass this product off as new? **** Sakes 

Geez. Not cool, even if they have 'rectified' it. Absolutely inexcusable. I would love to hear what their side of the story sounds like. That brake and pad set looks proper worn.

They must try this with me.... I am already incensed by their business practice and lack of ethics...

I'm waiting for the same brakes..........

Imagine...

That brake was used and well used. I doubt that's even off a demo bike.

I'd like to believe it's a mistake but then the alarm bells ring and I wonder why used components are anywhere near brand new parts for the mistake to occur.

Would really like to hear their explanation around this.