Bike Service - Durbanville Area

Lukasvan7

Recommendations for who stands out in Durbanville area for doing a thorough job when servicing your bikes?

Recommendations for who stands out in Durbanville area for doing a thorough job when servicing your bikes?

I have tried a few different ones when I need something urgently and my go-to for whatever reason cannot assist, but I always end up back at Specialized Tygerberg. Have found myself in front of them multiple times with bike in the one hand and wheel in the other due to other shops not getting the job done right. Cannot fault their work whether it is something small like topping up the slime in the tyres or a full bike / suspension service. Also know they do not only cater for Specialized.

Barry at Cycles Alive in Edward Street.

Friend lived in Durbanville, drives past Knipe_Racing to Cycles Alive  :thumbup:

I used to drive the other way to Knipe_Racing ... their new position just is a horrible drive for me in the afternoon.  :whistling:   NO reflection in Cycles Alive !!  I simply knew Knipe_Racing long before I knew of Cycles Alive.

Anybody living in Durbanville, just go straight to Knipe_Racing.

Down in Bellville, my go-to is Mark's Workshop.  I have know Mark for nearly 30 years  :eek:   Damn, where did the years go ....  I always get excellent service there

Friend lived in Durbanville, drives past Knipe_Racing to Cycles Alive  :thumbup:

I used to drive the other way to Knipe_Racing ... their new position just is a horrible drive for me in the afternoon.  :whistling:   NO reflection in Cycles Alive !!  I simply knew Knipe_Racing long before I knew of Cycles Alive.

Down in Bellville, my go-to is Mark's Workshop.  I have know Mark for nearly 30 years  :eek:   Damn, where did the years go ....  I always get excellent service there

the other are good but Mark's the king!

Friend lived in Durbanville, drives past Knipe_Racing to Cycles Alive :thumbup:

I used to drive the other way to Knipe_Racing ... their new position just is a horrible drive for me in the afternoon. :whistling: NO reflection in Cycles Alive !! I simply knew Knipe_Racing long before I knew of Cycles Alive.

Down in Bellville, my go-to is Mark's Workshop. I have know Mark for nearly 30 years :eek: Damn, where did the years go .... I always get excellent service there

I second that, Mark is a great guy and knows his stuff, I lived in brakenfell and he was my preferred bike mechanic, the drive is worth it

I second that, Mark is a great guy and knows his stuff, I lived in brakenfell and he was my preferred bike mechanic, the drive is worth it

and from this thread and comments it proves how important a local and supported bike store is...good news there..

John at Bespoke Cycleworx in the middle of Durbanville. 

Does the work himslef, does what he says he will do and sticks to committed dates.

Knipe Racing without a doubt! Louis and his team are awesome! Always received excellent service in a  good turnaround time!  Louis has always gone out of his way to sort things out last minute and always makes a plan. Was also a fantastic motivator when wanting to give up on a certain stage race!  Louis, Jeremy and team for the win!