Bloody drunkard

NotSoBigBen

hahahaha we are similar.

I have probably had about 5 alcohols in 2020. I can realistically recall 2, but I'm sure there were a couple more.

snip

I hope this drunk driver get caught, charged with murder and does hard time and becomes somebody's prison wife.

finally I can say I beat you at something in 2020 :ph34r:

0 alcohols for me since dec 2019. And i think I fully agree with you regarding the consequences of over indulging. There is always something to regret...whether an action, words or the way you feel the next day...

sorry OT though, in a serious thread nonetheless.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awful, tragic and unnecessary.  And the punishment should be brutal.  This is inexcusable

Blaming alcohol punishes the vast majority who enjoy a responsible drink or two.

Ban cycling, then we wouldn't have anyone knocked off their bikes.  Make being overweight illegal.  Ban religion.  These all kill.  Doesn't make sense does it?

The problem as mentioned is a lack of social responsibility and the limited consequences for breaking the law.  Drink driving is a very South African .  The root of the problem isn't booze

But I digress, for this family and friends it's all irrelevant, they are now in pain, my heart goes out

I think there is another thread but anyway

Horrific.Something has to be done.A  bit closer to home he was my daughter's ex boss

Also locally traffic calming measures does not seem to be on the agenda or budget. We have 2 schools in our road. Cops where here one day getting speed readings averaging around 90km/h. That was a couple of years back and everytime the excuse is that its not in the budget.

Hopefully its different up there.

Would happily send the guys that are constantly trapping on the R27 daily your way ........ personally I am a fan of trapping, even concealed speed trapping.

As stated by another here, society needs a wake up. Education is key here towards solving this problem of drunken drivers murdering people on the roads.

Murder I say, as it is a conscious decision to drink, and then to get into your car and drive it....this is not an accident.

Blaming alcohol punishes the vast majority who enjoy a responsible drink or two.

And there is one of your/our biggest problems.

The vast majority do not have a responsible drink or two - think about it.

Go for zero

(Do not forget the 8 dead in Jozini)

Edited by porqui

Alcohol is a major problem in this country.

I work at a tyre fitment centre in Polokwane, yesterday at 9 in the morning. Customer in a new Amarok V6, pulls onto lift to have tyre repaired.

Before getting out the car finishes a bottle of beer. This at 9 in the morning!

This is suppose to be educated people! Makes a person wonder!

This is absolutely tragic and heartbreaking. Some mindless drunkard thought only of himself when deciding to drive .I hope he suffers everyday for the rest of his miserable life .

It’s makes me sick to my stomach that 2 young kids don’t have a father anymore and a wife doesn’t have a husband all because some selfish w@nker thought it was perfectly fine to drive when drunk out of his mind . I hope he gets what’s coming to him one way or another.

RIP Fellow cyclist and heartfelt condolences to those left behind.

Alcohol is a major problem in this country.

I work at a tyre fitment centre in Polokwane, yesterday at 9 in the morning. Customer in a new Amarok V6, pulls onto lift to have tyre repaired.

Before getting out the car finishes a bottle of beer. This at 9 in the morning!

This is suppose to be educated people! Makes a person wonder!

education is not a cure for stupidity. uncle Bob Mugabe had about 8 degrees  :whistling:

RIP fellow cyclist

RIP to the gentleman, our deepest condolences to his family. Driver should go to jail for his actions and the government should limit the use of alcohol, or ban it in totality, this is an example of how alcohol is destroying society...

..............We need to see car crushing ..................

Interesting thought that. The law allows for the confiscation of property used in committing a crime. The prosecutors should try and attach the car used in a drunk driving incident and then crushing and recycling it. It will be especially valuable if it is clearly a valuable and highly desirable speedster model. Cool idea!  :thumbup:

Edit: Plus jail time of course, it goes without saying!

Edit edit: Plus loss of drivers license for life. If you can afford a BMW, you can afford Uber for the rest of your life. 

Edited by DJR