Bloody drunkard

NotSoBigBen

Not even safe to ride on the pavement anymore! How low can we go? Condolences to the all the family and RIP

Fully in favor of a total ban and other efforts to erase the culture of alcohol abuse in this country.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought that. The law allows for the confiscation of property used in committing a crime. The prosecutors should try and attach the car used in a drunk driving incident and then crushing and recycling it. It will be especially valuable if it is clearly a valuable and highly desirable speedster model. Cool idea! :thumbup:

Edit: Plus jail time of course, it goes without saying!

Edit edit: Plus loss of drivers license for life. If you can afford a BMW, you can afford Uber for the rest of your life.

In other words consequences....these are great ideas and would be a great start

How to action it in a country where the leaders aren’t held accountable for corruption and theft is another issue

It’s true what someone else posted - getting in your car drunk is at bare minimum attempted murder

This is absolutely tragic and heartbreaking. Some mindless drunkard thought only of himself when deciding to drive .I hope he suffers everyday for the rest of his miserable life .

It’s makes me sick to my stomach that 2 young kids don’t have a father anymore and a wife doesn’t have a husband all because some selfish w@nker thought it was perfectly fine to drive when drunk out of his mind . I hope he gets what’s coming to him one way or another.

RIP Fellow cyclist and heartfelt condolences to those left behind.

He will just get a slap on the wrist, as they all do. Name one person currently in jail for killing a cyclist on our roads because of driving under the influence.

Words cannot describe the hatred I have for the love, almost obsession, people have for alcohol in this country. There are so many people that visit the bottle store first before they visit the grocery store when they get their pay cheque.

Edited by Moridin

Interesting thought that. The law allows for the confiscation of property used in committing a crime. The prosecutors should try and attach the car used in a drunk driving incident and then crushing and recycling it. It will be especially valuable if it is clearly a valuable and highly desirable speedster model. Cool idea!  :thumbup:

Edit: Plus jail time of course, it goes without saying!

Edit edit: Plus loss of drivers license for life. If you can afford a BMW, you can afford Uber for the rest of your life.

Good idea , problem is the majority of vehicles are financed and technically belongs to the finance house and once confiscated the finance house loses their security . So they will be the biggest objectors to such a process . I see no harm in a dronkgat paying off a car that he does not have anymore . The insurance companies should also come to the party . They should as a collective refuse to insure anyone who has had a claim where alcohol was involved . That will result in banks refusing to finance a car . A vehicle is no less of a potential murder weapon than a firearm and if someone can be declared unfit to own a firearm for life why not same with vehicles ?

He will just get a slap on the wrist, as they all do. Name one person currently in jail for killing a cyclist on our roads because of driving under the influence.

Words cannot describe the hatred I have for the love, almost obsession, people have for alcohol in this country. There are so many people that visit the bottle store first before they visit the grocery store when they get their pay cheque.

And before a cent is spent on a child, let alone spending time with them.

Shebeens must fall!

I bought a case of Castle Lite the day before the announcement was made that no alcohol will be sold in lockdown. Not because I thought I needed alcohol desperately, but because I enjoy a beer every now and then, especially after exercise.

I still have a wrapped six pack left. I got gifted a bottle of whiskey in 2008, of which I still have around 80% left. I bought a few cases of Nuy on some occasions when I drove past their shop in the Nuy Valley between Worcester and Robertson, and I still have around 4 cases left. The last time I bought was in 2018.

I bought a bottle of Gin at the end of Feb. My wife and I have only enjoyed two glasses each so far. Since the alcohol sales were allowed again I have not set foot near one, but my colleagues have all been so happy to be able to drown their sorrows since they all ran out in the second week of lockdown. This is so sad to me that folks are so dependent on alcohol to live a semblance of a fulfilling life.

Wife and I finished this bottle today, after buying it at the end of Feb. A cap full, at a time, was enough for us. Enjoyment over need.

24307e73a80bc1397c7d4722cc4853dc.jpg

Alcohol is a major problem in this country.

I work at a tyre fitment centre in Polokwane, yesterday at 9 in the morning. Customer in a new Amarok V6, pulls onto lift to have tyre repaired.

Before getting out the car finishes a bottle of beer. This at 9 in the morning!

This is suppose to be educated people! Makes a person wonder!

And one of the reasons I quit BMX with my 2 kids in 2018. Sunday race, 10am and many a father a few beers down already. In the sun and by lunchtime it was just an environment I didn’t want me or my kids to be in anymore... Had it been finish race day, light the braai and enjoy 2 beers it would have been a complete different story.

I would like to start seeing “plublic hangings”.

We need to see car crushing Thursdays broadcasted on SABC.

One of these is guaranteed to work

Drinking and driving is a choice

So sorry to see this.

i ride that road twice a week.

here's the sad reality.

only 6% of Drunk Drivers are convicted in RSA

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/motoring/355087-south-africas-proposed-zero-tolerance-drunk-driving-laws-have-a-big-problem.html

Exactly.

Drunk driving is not a huge problem with people on 0.05mg/l, but those on 4+ times this. Banning perlemoen outright has done fokol in the same way but excluded those who played by the rules before.

If you want to make a difference, then fri night/Sat am is when you patrol heavily. Get the prosecutors/physicians/investigators on board to do it by the book and actually put the skelms in tjoekie.

If you want to make a difference, then fri night/Sat am is when you patrol heavily. Get the prosecutors/physicians/investigators on board to do it by the book and actually put the skelms in tjoekie.

THIS!