Bloody drunkard

NotSoBigBen

As much as I hate to see him get bail, it doesn't mean he is innocent.... still, he deserves to spend some quality time behind bars - hopefully 25 years.

Bet you the defence will find some issue with the testing and the handling of his blood sample. There goes the Driving Under Influence charge. Next up, they will argue some stupid thing like some problem on his car which is why he rode onto the pavement (remember Zuma's son and the fact that apparently Porches don't handle well in the rain). There goes the Culpable Homocide charge, and the man walks free. There is a reason why so little Driving Under The Influence charges ever stick. It's called Police Incompetence when it comes to following documented procedures.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet you the defence will find some issue with the testing and the handling of his blood sample. There goes the Driving Under Influence charge. Next up, they will argue some stupid thing like some problem on his car which is why he rode onto the pavement (remember Zuma's son and the fact that apparently Porches don't handle well in the rain). There goes the Culpable Homocide charge, and the man walks free. There is a reason why so little Driving Under The Influence charges ever stick. It's called Police Incompetence when it comes to following documented procedures.

Exactly. Like the clown who murdered the two guys down in KZN. 

Ishe Davani out on R8000 bail................

What pisses me off is that a guy who can drive a BMW worth half a million gets bail of R8000. What I would much rather like to read is that his car was impounded as well as his drivers licence and passport (at least until the criminal trial is completed) and that until then he is only allowed to Uber.   

Culpable homicide is there for an accident - like a guy runs across a freeway and is killed in an unavoidable manner

There were witnesses, this guy was drunk. He chose to be in that car in that condition. If it’s proven he was drunk, the charge should be amended to murder

Can get depressing living here in the pursuit of riding a bicycle - bike jackings, murderous drivers - ffs

Culpable homicide is there for an accident - like a guy runs across a freeway and is killed in an unavoidable manner

There were witnesses, this guy was drunk. He chose to be in that car in that condition. If it’s proven he was drunk, the charge should be amended to murder

Can get depressing living here in the pursuit of riding a bicycle - bike jackings, murderous drivers - ffs

What pisses me off is that a guy who can drive a BMW worth half a million gets bail of R8000. What I would much rather like to read is that his car was impounded as well as his drivers licence and passport (at least until the criminal trial is completed) and that until then he is only allowed to Uber.   

The impounding of the car is a good idea. Its no good giving this f&*()g thing bail and then its back out there pissing it up and driving around....

The impounding of the car is a good idea. Its no good giving this f&*()g thing bail and then its back out there pissing it up and driving around....

Even if someone eventually is found innocent, I say keep the car impounded until the case is finished. Take the drivers licence away until then also. It should be possible under our law. They take away a knife or a gun used in a killing, as evidence, why not a car?

Another thing I’ve been thinking about...Steve was riding on the pavement, probably cautious and aware of the dangers of riding on the road. He took every precaution to stay alive.

This is sickening and I hope the state prosecutor is up to the task. Where is Beki Cele on this one?

I'm Steven's Dad. How can his life only be worth R8,000??

The man should be charged with murder!!!

'Drunken' BMW driver who allegedly killed Joburg cyclist granted bail https://www.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/drunken-bmw-driver-who-allegedly-killed-joburg-cyclist-granted-bail-20200615?isapp=true

Condolences Ian and family . I feel for you lost my son at same age .

'Drunken' BMW driver who allegedly killed Joburg cyclist granted bail https://www.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/drunken-bmw-driver-who-allegedly-killed-joburg-cyclist-granted-bail-20200615?isapp=true

May he rest in peace and hopefully justice be served . Sincere condolences for your loss Iain.

Ishe Davani out on R8000 bail....are they farking kidding . My blood boils at the thought of this drunk getting away lightly.

Most murderers get out on bail

I'm at a lots for words, but welcome here anyway. A lot of us are here to support you, a cyclist is murdered and it affects us all.

Unfortunately there is a long history of drunk drivers walking away from both the accident and court case that takes away a cyclist forever. Is like to say justice will be done, but there is no punishment that fits this crime and my expectation is the result could fall far short of that anyway.

The fact that Steven was on the pavement is slightly different to normal, I'm not sure how that will affect the charges/proceedings.