Where are all the Hardtail Trail bikes

Saadiq Jacobs

See my fatal mistake was to decide to clear out the shed of all the extra bike parts as I might start hearing *those* voices in my head calling me to N+1... and now I'm still wanting a HT and don't have any bits. So frankly far worse off! Keep looking at the Mrs Fatbike and wondering how much I could macgyver / sell and how much she might notice if it suddenly morphed into to black 29'r HT. 

I can buy new bikes without my wife ever noticing, as long as the color stays the same (and as long as we have food at the end of the month to eat).

Luckily my bike is black, so there is a million new black bikes I can buy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can buy new bikes without my wife ever noticing, as long as the color stays the same (and as long as we have food at the end of the month to eat).

Luckily my bike is black, so there is a million new black bikes I can buy.

Bwahahahaha. I literally had the same answer from a mate the other day when I asked him why he only bought black bikes. Apparently his wife thinks it's the same bike he bought 5 years and 4 bikes ago. He's left his bike to me in his will because 'she'll sell it for peanuts'. 

Bwahahahaha. I literally had the same answer from a mate the other day when I asked him why he only bought black bikes. Apparently his wife thinks it's the same bike he bought 5 years and 4 bikes ago. He's left his bike to me in his will because 'she'll sell it for peanuts'.

Last week a fitted a couple of new parts, I told her I was just doing some adjustments for better riding. Setting the high of the saddle, tuning the brakes, those sort of things.

Have just checked the difference in goes between the M slide and the Large Slade and the standover is the same on both and to be honest the reach and rest of the main numbers etc are closer to what I ride on my M dualie at the moment. That large full build in KZN might be back on the list! 

Ended up buying the large Slade off the classifieds and it's a beaut, took it for a ride around the neighborhood and then dropped it off yesterday for a new back spoke and a bit of a tune-up, excited to get her on the trail during the week.  

post-63011-0-34352800-1592726263_thumb.jpg

Ended up buying the large Slade off the classifieds and it's a beaut, took it for a ride around the neighborhood and then dropped it off yesterday for a new back spoke and a bit of a tune-up, excited to get her on the trail during the week.  

attachicon.gifImage from iOS (23).jpg

Great choice. Happy miles. 

Image from iOS (23).jpg

Those tyres look thick? 2.8?

Actually thinking of putting mine on again been enjoying my HT

Those tyres look thick? 2.8?

Actually thinking of putting mine on again been enjoying my HT

Actually 2.6 - feels nice and stable at that width

attachicon.gifImage from iOS (23).jpg

Ahhh.... congrats' dude. That looks awesome. Now I know why the guy never got back to me. 

Sorry to spam this thread (and a few HT others) but I'm looking for a good steel / ti hardtail and have posted wanted ad but thought I'd post here incase someone knows someone knows someone. 

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bike-frames/410570/looking-4-a-trail-enduro-hardtail-frame-medium

Have a look at this https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bike-frames/409578/silverback-slade-brand-new-medium 

Sorry to spam this thread (and a few HT others) but I'm looking for a good steel / ti hardtail and have posted wanted ad but thought I'd post here incase someone knows someone knows someone. 

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bike-frames/410570/looking-4-a-trail-enduro-hardtail-frame-medium

I did send a message... I know they don't always pop up

I have a steel option you might be interested in. 

My Niner ROS9 is in use but not an essential.... I have my eye on another replacement frame which would better suit where my riding is going.

Medium battle scarred ROS9 with  'Mint Condition' rct3 Pike. (Non Boost)... I would like to keep the build kit as it's not really worth my while selling Chris King hubs and brand new Zee brakeset as I can't get anything worthwhile re cash/replacement/quality.

It's not for sale per say, but I would be happy to see her go to a good home if it was for the right price

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, know im resurrecting a pretty old thread.

Im looking for a 140mm or so hardtail, if anyone knows where I can find a frame or full bike (in this case ill just sell all the parts). M or L, would prefer M as I like a bit smaller bike. 

Currently on a Momsen STR, but its starting to get a bit sketchy with my 140mm fork, geo isn't designed for it and I was starting to bottom my 120 out, even with 3 volume spacers.

Would prefer 2nd hand, don't mind paint scratches at all, don't mind new though. I have looked at all the previous suppliers etc. previously mentioned on this thread and they all seem to be sold out or not importing anymore. 

Checked on the meta ht and after hardtailparty's review, wasn't too sold.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AkwA

Niner ROS9 perhaps,  seen few go on sale before here. Steel frame. Have a buddy who had a medium, will ask if he will sell.

Silverback slade trail

Dartmoor,  seen few on sale. Did trailtech or stoke suspension bring them in?

What your price range tho?  Frame only and full bike price

Edited by MajG