Suggested Payment Methods when selling

Lefty_loosey

Good morning guys, (I Hope I’ve posted this in the right section) I have a question that I need help with -

What is the most secure method to receive a payment into your account?

Currently I know about - instant EFTs (however can take up to 2 hours apparently) and Same bank to same bank (however can take up to 24h).

Both these methods are not really instant, how can I safe guard myself when selling my bike to prevent the buyer reversing the funds and taking my bike?

Good morning guys, (I Hope I’ve posted this in the right section) I have a question that I need help with -

Currently I know about - instant EFTs (however can take up to 2 hours apparently) and Same bank to same bank (however can take up to 24h).

Both these methods are not really instant, how can I safe guard myself when selling my bike to prevent the buyer reversing the funds and taking my bike?

Two other options:

-Cold Hard Cash

-Standard Bank Escrow servicehttps://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/products-and-services/ways-to-bank/innovative-payment-solutions/escrow-service?cid=WPS_mk2W3&gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq6nODI5MPsQW8KQvqn4nCOXjwHOH2l4NazlGhznvgSwsuLjuSTqh7xoC148QAvD_BwE

Edited by Swift&Aero

depends on buyers bank I guess - if I paid you it would be in your account in 30 minutes max

if the buyer is with FNB they can send you instant cash to an ATM (I do this occasionally for my gardener) - assuming other banks do this

If it is a guy working on an oil rig buying for his nephew as a surprise :whistling: ...tell him to eff off :devil: ....otherwise hold on to the bike until the funds are available in your account and not just reflecting :thumbup:

If you and the buyer are both FNB... there is a gem of an option called the geo payment on the app. Instant and stupid easy to do.

They can take time as well, I had a guy do a geo payment to me,took almost 8 hours to clear in my account