Garmin Edge 130 Plus

Jaco Steyn

With the new features this might finally be the computer is was looking for toreplace my powertap Joule GPS

It's just a shame Garmin SA charge triple the price of amazon UK or US

What price is it going for on Amazon? For the current 130.

Pricing I see is 199USD or 171GBP which equals 3400ZAR. Sportsman’s Warehouse sells for 3500.

Edited by Frosty

I see DC Rainmaker says they have added crash detection to the plus, but I'm 99% sure my normal 130 has crash detection already.

What price is it going for on Amazon? For the current 130.

Pricing I see is 199USD or 171GBP which equals 3400ZAR. Sportsman’s Warehouse sells for 3500.

Amazon.co.uk £99 Sports W/house R3500.

Forget that the exchange rate went over 20:1 recently. I bought my 520 when it was 16:1 for the same ratio.

Either way, the exchange rate is not 35:1 (for now!!!)

Edited by Andreas_187

I see DC Rainmaker says they have added crash detection to the plus, but I'm 99% sure my normal 130 has crash detection already.

No, 130 doesn't have an accelerometer 

No, 130 doesn't have an accelerometer 

but in the Garmin Connect app it lets me setup incident detection, I still recall reading about this feature when I got the device.

Let me see if I can find some info on it, maybe its just not as advanced as on the plus

but in the Garmin Connect app it lets me setup incident detection, I still recall reading about this feature when I got the device.

Let me see if I can find some info on it, maybe its just not as advanced as on the plus

ok it looks like its not incident detection but a manual assistance request

lucky I find that our now and not when I needed it.