Where to buy frame protectors for handlebar spin?

NeverNotRolling

Mmmm maybe. Where does one buy locally

anyone that stocks 3m products should be able to order A roll for you 

How often is this happening and why? They must be some serious switch backs or else ease up on the trick stuff #barspins!

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Anybody know where to find tube protectors? My roadie brakes find themselves bashing the down tube occasionally from bar spin.

Looking for something like this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSQYc-aKhQYyJs_IKo0JD7hhXZRMVvf2SvpyVanGCBE-DyR1bd6&usqp=CAU

Maybe look at silicone tape? should get it from any hardware shop around you.

https://www.takealot.com/alcolin-silicone-tape-3m-black/PLID42524778?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiOuHiaqI6gIVUO7tCh3X6QWoEAQYASABEgLKZvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Bomberman

I am interested to see your setup to know how your brakes hit your frame on a road bike. It can happen on my mtb but won't be able to happen on my road bike.

I am interested to see your setup to know how your brakes hit your frame on a road bike. It can happen on my mtb but won't be able to happen on my road bike.

I just checked. At full lock to the right, the caliper will indeed hit the downtube.

My question would be why is this happening so much to the OP that it is an issue.

To that end though, why not simply one of those little stick on silicon dots that you get with most chainstay protector sets that you normally use on the headtube to stop gear or brake cable rub?

Edited by TNT1

I just checked. At full lock to the right, the caliper will indeed hit the downtube.

My question would be why is this happening so much to the OP that it is an issue.

To that end though, why not simply one of those little stick on silicon dots that you get with most chainstay protector sets that you normally use on the headtube to stop gear or brake cable rub?

That's a decent solution in fact. Here's the brake and downtube contact...

9f0053fa53455dda7baf22048eb34b39.jpg

That's a decent solution in fact. Here's the brake and downtube contact...

9f0053fa53455dda7baf22048eb34b39.jpg

Ah sorry, I misunderstood your post. I was thinking about the lever on the handle bars. Sorry, my bad.