How to tell if Titan Cruz is tubeless ready?

James Dunn

Wanting to know if my Titan Cruz (2017 i think) is tubesless ready, on the original rims? Currently running tubes but wanting to go tubeless soon but want to know if my rims are compatible.

Proper tubeless tape is always preferred, as duct tape and gorilla tape(to a lesser extent than duct tape) will absorb sealant too.

But the best fallback is always the ghetto method, which works a treat, is cheap, and I've converted the strangest combos to tubeless using it.

Proper tubeless tape is always preferred, as duct tape and gorilla tape(to a lesser extent than duct tape) will absorb sealant too.

But the best fallback is always the ghetto method, which works a treat, is cheap, and I've converted the strangest combos to tubeless using it.

100% agree. The point I was trying to make is pretty much everything is tubeless ready. The manufacturers and especially the bike shops love using the idea of "tubeless ready" as a selling point, when it's really not

100% agree. The point I was trying to make is pretty much everything is tubeless ready. The manufacturers and especially the bike shops love using the idea of "tubeless ready" as a selling point, when it's really not

For sure. Nowadays it generally means it has tubeless tape installed and if you're lucky, tyres that can be converted... But that's not always the case.

I've converted pinned rims before by using epoxy to seal off the seam. Held up extremely well using gorilla tape. 

Ghetto for the win. Don't fall for the hype.

I've converted pinned rims before by using epoxy to seal off the seam. Held up extremely well using gorilla tape. 

Ghetto for the win. Don't fall for the hype.

Okay so what im seeing is that the rims are tubeless "ready" regardless and obviously will just need some tubeless tires, valves and sealant and im good to go?

Purists will be disgusted by this, but essentially all MTB rims are tubeless ready. You just need a set of valves, a roll of 22mm duct tape (I once sliced a regular duct tape in half with the bandsaw), and some sealant.

There you have it 

Okay so what im seeing is that the rims are tubeless "ready" regardless and obviously will just need some tubeless tires, valves and sealant and im good to go?

Go to Mica and buy a 50mm wide black or green or red tape. 

I think they call it High Quality duct tape.

About R65 for 25m

Then you cut it the width you want and tear it as you put it on the rim.

I did 3 wheels a few days ago and can do another 10 with one roll.

Tubeless rims do not have spoke holes on the inside. All other rims are tubeless ready

Edit: And when you change a tyre the rim tape is normally stuffed, so you just put new on again.

post-31289-0-94421600-1592476166_thumb.jpg

post-31289-0-73569700-1592476173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Quagga

You might need to "seal" the rims. Like posted above you can use duct tape(gorilla seems to be the best option but it is more expensive than standard duct tape). I once bought some kit thing for my old 26" when tubeless first hit the scene. It was like a tube that had been cut and that fitted tight over the rim. Not sure if those are still a thing.

All other rims are tubeless ready

Snip snip

You're going to battle with single wall.

Snip snip

You're going to battle with single wall.

There is such a thing ?

I learn something every day :-)