Garmin HRM Straps - Warranty Swap Out?

Paul Ruinaard

HI, i have 2 x Garmin HRM straps which are now faulty. I have tried everything i can google and have seen recommended. Thing is they are expensive items to just toss. Has anyone gone to Garmin in Rosebank to see if they can do a warranty swap out on them?

I have replaced with Wahoo Tickrs and TBH they work well but these straps are like R 1300 each and they are not working - I will get hold of garmin South Africa and go and see them. Just wanting to check if anyone else had done it as i need to get across to Rosebank to do it.

My experience with the newer Garmin straps is that they might be more comfortable but they don't last - I've had two where the rubber has slightly peeled off on the end. Apparently even the slightest tear here causes the system to short out. I believe that they will warrantee but only if within the original 1 year period but i didn't try because mine were "1 day outside of warrantee"... Even the elastic component is not lasting very long and you can no longer replace just this - you have to replace the whole strap...

Good luck with warrantee claim. Their system of honouring warrantees is you paying in the difference for a new unit or in this instance you pay for a new strap.

I have replaced with Wahoo Tickrs and TBH they work well but these straps are like R 1300 each and they are not working - I will get hold of garmin South Africa and go and see them. Just wanting to check if anyone else had done it as i need to get across to Rosebank to do it.

Tried to get a strap warrantied. Guy told me warranty was void because I did not use the approved battery. I had fitted a Duracell DL2032 which but apparently its supposed to be a CR2032. I took a lot further and eventually got my warranty strap.

I have done this, and still using the same POD with a polar soft strap 3 years later and 2 batteries later.

Which Polar strap - found it has a ridge and the pod would not clip in

Which Polar strap - found it has a ridge and the pod would not clip in

Just cut the plastic ridge away with a sharp knife.  I use my Polar strap now for more than 3 years, no problem at all.

My HR strap has the pod fixed to it I change the battery to a CR2032 it will connect to the unit the next day no luck