What Frame is this...?

Alouette3

Got a good mate looking at buying this bike, but I'm not quite sure what it is post respray etc.

I'm feeling it's possibly an older GT frame with some Manitou fork (rear arch the obvious tell)

Unfortunately I think the family member he would buy it from over invested in a R3.5k service of wheels and other parts and wants a bit much at R4k for itpost-27175-0-34168700-1592512153_thumb.jpegpost-27175-0-91070500-1592512596_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Alouette3

I am almost sure that is a mongoose DJ frame. That stem is seriously long for a jump bike though....

Looks like a fun bike

I am almost sure that is a mongoose DJ frame. That stem is seriously long for a jump bike though....

From my estimation this is neither a Mongoose Fireball or Ritual (2 of their common DJ models).

A reasons for this:

• bottle cage mounts
  • front derailleur mount
  • cable routing in top of the top-tube
  • top tube angle

I also don't think it's a Mongoose Thunderball, as those generally had horizontal dropouts.

I would venture to guess that this is a small XC bike, and I think the dropout design here holds the key to solving this mystery. They look so familiar, I just can't put my finger on it though!

I think its a mountain bike frame :whistling:.

No but seriously, I do not think its a GT frame as the GT's normally have the triple triangle.

Lots but not at. Some of their Ruckus frame and the LaBomba don't have the odd triangle.

It looks sweet though ...something I would buy for my kids for sure . R4k doesn’t seem exorbitant (fixed). You can’t buy anything (that’s worth buying) really for that money .

It looks very badass dirt jumpish with that massive sloping top tube .

Sweet though ????

Edited by Pikey

R4k doesn’t seem absorbent. 

You reckon you need more cash to start absorbing spills? I agree that R4k will simply repel any liquid if it's in credit card format, but in R10 notes it should be pretty absorbent?

Edited by TNT1

You reckon you need more cash to start absorbing spills? I agree that R4k will simple repel any liquid if it's in credit card format, but in R10 notes it should be pretty absorbent?

Doh ????...

English is my strong suit .

Edited by Pikey

It has some Scott vibes to it? had a Montana and an Aspect back in the day that had similar drop outs

Edited by CharldT

• 4 weeks later...

Mate bought the bike. Still no idea what the frame is, definitely DJ orientated. Fork is a Manitou Sherman Flick plus TPC 110-150. Rear wheel, hub, cassette is new, front is a Rolf Dolomite twin pull. Front caliper actually rubs spokes, so disc has been spaced 6mm from the hub. (Never seen a pad so badly contaminated) 

Over all not a bad setup for thee riding he will do. Just need a bigger 180mm rotor for up front.

I think its a mountain bike frame  :whistling:

No but seriously, I do not think its a GT frame as the GT's normally have the triple triangle. 

I wanted to say this!!!