100 Miler from Durbanville (road and gravel)

roodie

Planning a 100 miler from Durbanville for Saturday 20 June leaving at 0730 

Malmesbury , Riebeeck Castle , Hermon , Wellington and back to Durbanville 

Speed around 23-25 kmh send me a DM if you want to join 

Sounds interesting but I think the weather and lockdown thing might be putting a dampener on things.

Do you have a Strava profile? or some idea of your power output target?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Planning a 100 miler from Durbanville for Saturday 20 June leaving at 0730 

Malmesbury , Riebeeck Castle , Hermon , Wellington and back to Durbanville 

Speed around 23-25 kmh send me a DM if you want to join 

I know it's done already, but would be keen on such a ride, care to share your ride route? you have a gpx file or strava link to your activity? Thanks.

Roodie,

Please send to me as well.

Thanks 

And me...

Also, can you guestimate how much was gravel vs. tar? 

Milky I did the route yesterday DM send with details and strava

Can you please pass on the route to myself. Strava is good. 

Would like to do something like that in the next few months. 

I (sort of) did that a while ago, but the other way around.  Some really nice riding out there. 

post-50271-0-08596000-1593429540_thumb.jpg

Edited by dirtypot

Milky I did the route yesterday DM send with details and strava

Can you please send it to me as well.

Planning another long one this SATURDAY - av speed around 25kmh 

I will plot  it on Google earth and then share - leaving around 745 from Durbanville  

I drive the R302 a bit - maybe just me, but I'd be uncomfortable on a bike on that road. 

Assuming the direction you're going is Wellington to Malmesbury and back to DBV - have a look at the Haaskraal road that'll take you up to Hermon before you hit Wellington (there is a turn on the R44 just past Windmeul that'll take you north and eventually spit you out onto the R45 which you can cross and onto the Haaskraal Road). You can then follow you're route back down to Wellington (I do this ride every now and again) and then maybe do a bit of an Up and Over on Paarl mountain and back to Durbanville taking in some of the gravel between the R44 and R312. Route distance should be similar - you could always extend it by going over Helshoogte and via Stellies on your way back. 

Just my 2c. 

Enjoy it and hope it's a good one. 

post-141694-0-15704900-1593620339_thumb.jpg

I drive the R302 a bit - maybe just me, but I'd be uncomfortable on a bike on that road. 

Assuming the direction you're going is Wellington to Malmesbury and back to DBV - have a look at the Haaskraal road that'll take you up to Hermon before you hit Wellington (there is a turn on the R44 just past Windmeul that'll take you north and eventually spit you out onto the R45 which you can cross and onto the Haaskraal Road). You can then follow you're route back down to Wellington (I do this ride every now and again) and then maybe do a bit of an Up and Over on Paarl mountain and back to Durbanville taking in some of the gravel between the R44 and R312. Route distance should be similar - you could always extend it by going over Helshoogte and via Stellies on your way back. 

Just my 2c. 

Enjoy it and hope it's a good one. 

hi thanks yes I am familiar with Haaskraal rd, I cycled it  this past weekend , I came back via the R302  and seemed good. Its a busy rd yes. Your route def an option to avoid the R302