Inserting brake hose into bike frame

JulienR

Hi all, i have a Trek Crockett (2017 model) which comes with mechanical brakes and internal routing. I am in the process of upgrading the brakes to a hydraulic type. I managed to source some sram hyraulic shifters / brakes which comes with the sram connectamajig. Unfortunately, the connectamajig does not fit through the entrance holes of the bikes internal routing. what options do i have (except for running them on the outside).Are there slim fitting alternatives? thanks in advance for the responses

The issue is the connectamajig, its to big to fit through the internal frame routing holes. So a new hose will need to be fitted.

Edited by letsride

Stealthamhajig or conectamajig?

The former is common and supers east to replace but I haven't seen the latter on a brake before? Post some pictures please

Edit- I couldn't care less to spell those names correctly

Is the connectamajig the plastic piece on the brake lever that covers where the hose connects to the lever? The only way to get it off is to cut the olive off (you can screw out the barb for SRAM levers - I think). The connectamajig (if it is what I think it is) will then easily slide off the hose and the hose will fit through the internal routing holes. Brake hoses are pretty standard diameter so a new hose won't change much. If cutting off the olive (with a hydraulic hose cutter) just know you will have to fit a new one (along with the barb) for re-installation of the hose to lever

Is the connectamajig the plastic piece on the brake lever that covers where the hose connects to the lever? The only way to get it off is to cut the olive off (you can screw out the barb for SRAM levers - I think). The connectamajig (if it is what I think it is) will then easily slide off the hose and the hose will fit through the internal routing holes. Brake hoses are pretty standard diameter so a new hose won't change much. If cutting off the olive (with a hydraulic hose cutter) just know you will have to fit a new one (along with the barb) for re-installation of the hose to lever

No that snot it

Apparently these are used on some bikes brake hoses on OEM builds, looks like more for gravel and road than MTB brakes...

Not sure on spares being available but if I was you I would just replace the hose with a full brake hose from lever to caliper as the conectamajig clearly isn't suiting your needs anyway.