Delivery&payment

Jan Michels

Good Day,

Can anyone advise as to the safest way of buying a roadbike without viewing it. I live in CPT but want to buy a roadbike from Gauteng by way of the bike hub classified private sale section. Is there a way to let the seller deliver the road bike to any kind of a trusted 3rd party(eg.shop, bike shop etc.) but then payment must be made in order for the 3rd party entity to release the bike.This way both buyer as well as the seller are safe of any scam. Regards, Jan

Jan,

I've sent a local friend to visit a seller in Gauteng. 

He was also very knowledgeable and he sent a million pics of a set of beautiful carbon hoops.

I sent my list of essential questions.

A cool seller would also have a trusted LBS have a good look and offer some form of quality check.

5 important questions for a road bike:

- year and mileage, estimated?

- how many owners?

- crashes / damage history?

- why sell?

- repairs to frame?

Good Day,

Can anyone advise as to the safest way of buying a roadbike without viewing it. I live in CPT but want to buy a roadbike from Gauteng by way of the bike hub classified private sale section. Is there a way to let the seller deliver the road bike to any kind of a trusted 3rd party(eg.shop, bike shop etc.) but then payment must be made in order for the 3rd party entity to release the bike.This way both buyer as well as the seller are safe of any scam. Regards, Jan

No problem,just ask the seller if he has a preferred bike shop and off you go.I did it with a Colnago frame I was selling.

Gents, thanks a. Lot for your inxredibly speedy replies. It seemed like I hardly finished sending my questions and I got your answers.

Thank you very much.

Regards, Jan.

Gents, thanks a. Lot for your inxredibly speedy replies. It seemed like I hardly finished sending my questions and I got your answers.

Thank you very much.

Regards, Jan.

If you are happy with the feedback from the bike shop ask them to pack the bike for shipping .

Pretty much what I did. Bike went to LBS who confirmed condition, biked stayed at LBS whilst payment cleared, they then packed and shipped from Gauteng to Cape Town. Bike arrived all in good order....happy days.