New Kickr Core lasted 4 rides

eddy

I ordered 2 Kickrs from CWC prior to the lockdown and received them a week or two ago. 

This morning 10 minutes in, one stopped showing power, speed or cadence on Trainer Road.

The Kickr pairs properly, just does not show any values.

I went so far as to delete it on TR and re-pair it on the Wahoo app. The Kickr pairs properly, just does not show any values.

What do I do ?

?

Why would it stop working mid ride ?

There are a couple similar threads.

I certainly dont understand why some setups work better than others.  But the one constant in most of these threads are that "communication issues" are resolved once you start using an Ant+.

There are a couple similar threads.

I certainly dont understand why some setups work better than others.  But the one constant in most of these threads are that "communication issues" are resolved once you start using an Ant+.

I tried using the ANT+ connection to Android phone. Again, it pairs, but does not pick-up any power, speed or cadence values.

Ouch ...  :eek:   :wacko:

Hope Christian and his team can get you up and running, uhm sorry, RIDING soon .  :thumbup:

Hope Christian and his team can get you up and running, uhm sorry, RIDING soon .  :thumbup:

Have PM'ed him. Also called the office, left message for anyone to get back to me. No luck so far.

Pity, as I have to go through to the east of Pretoria in the morning...

I ordered 2 Kickrs from CWC prior to the lockdown and received them a week or two ago. 

This morning 10 minutes in, one stopped showing power, speed or cadence on Trainer Road.

The Kickr pairs properly, just does not show any values.

I went so far as to delete it on TR and re-pair it on the Wahoo app. The Kickr pairs properly, just does not show any values.

What do I do ?

Mate of mine in the states went through the same. Followed the normal resetting, repairing procedure with no luck. Wahoo sent him a new unit.

Anybody got a contact number for him ?

He has not responded to a PM on the hub, nor has leaving a message for him or Sean/Shaun "who is the right person to deal with the issue"  at his office had any response.

Hey Guys, apologies for a slow response on the Hub. 

Sean, Dyllan, Manoah or myself can be contacted for support at the office. One of us is available 99% of the time. 

Please give a call tomorrow if you have not heard from us yet. 

We also use a support system that can be found on www.ikhambi.co.za by clicking and submitting either a support or warrantee form.

Cheers!

Thanks Christian, I spoke to Sean on Wednesday

and Dyllan yesterday.

I have done all the diagnostics Sean sent me and have completed the warranty stuff online and have a ticket number.

I arranged with Dyllan that I'll be dropping off the unit with you today.

Holding thumbs for a fast resolution s paying for Zwift, TrainerRoad when I no longer have a smart trainer is getting expensive.

Edited by eddy

I have just reorganized my Paincave spent many hours getting the setup connected running both Zwift & TR on both Windows 10 Laptop and Iphone through Blueteeth - Cast onto a 50" HDTV

Windows 10 was the biggest challenge, but i eventually got it right - now everything connects and just works proper

Once you get your Kickr back and need any assistance - give me a shout, i'll try help

on Android ? - i'm not so clever yet !

Hey Guys, apologies for a slow response on the Hub. 

Sean, Dyllan, Manoah or myself can be contacted for support at the office. One of us is available 99% of the time. 

Please give a call tomorrow if you have not heard from us yet. 

We also use a support system that can be found on www.ikhambi.co.za by clicking and submitting either a support or warrantee form.

Cheers!

Sorted !!!!!!

I filled out the on-line warrantee form last night and this morning it took 5 mins for Dyllan to confirm the status of the machine and another five to sort the paperwork and to put a new machine in the boot of my car.

Thank you Christian, Sean and Dyllan. I appreciate you getting me up and running riding so swiftly.

I tried using the ANT+ connection to Android phone. Again, it pairs, but does not pick-up any power, speed or cadence values.

How do you establish an ANT+ connection to an Android phone? I know iPhone as an ANT+ dongle

Please educate me as its something I'd like to try