Vye Cycling

Chris_

On Vye's size chart i'm between a Medium and a Large bib shorts. Ordered the large and went to collect from the factory on Friday. Tried it on in their "fitting room" and a large was to small. Took the XL but maybe should have got the XXL. XL is tight around the legs and shoulders,but on the bike the shoulders feel perfect. Not used to such tight bibs around the legs. Awesome value for money but they should fix their size chart.

Have you emailed Max/the customer service at Vye?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Vye's size chart i'm between a Medium and a Large bib shorts. Ordered the large and went to collect from the factory on Friday. Tried it on in their "fitting room" and a large was to small. Took the XL but maybe should have got the XXL. XL is tight around the legs and shoulders,but on the bike the shoulders feel perfect. Not used to such tight bibs around the legs. Awesome value for money but they should fix their size chart.

They are trying, hence Max's follow up email to me.

Chat to Max or Michele.

They give good turn around.

The reason I was on about trying on before buying is due to the bibbs being very performance oriented. I prefer a more snug bib because the chamois stays put. The leg elastic stretches and thats fine but there has to be a bit of pull over the shoulders. Consider the bib and chamois a hammock that your jewels are suspended in. The idea with bib shorts it to be suspended in them from the shoulders rather than sitting on them.

Slight snugness over the shoulder = good.

pulling down on the shoulder = could be uncomfortable.

Loose over the shoulder = may was well wear your underpants.

i have given Bjorn and Max feedback about higher volume legs for the bibs as a sports fit. They are expanding the range but they also do custom fit garments. You send them your measurments and they cut the panels to suit.

They do this quickly and efficiently because they're local

Have you emailed Max/the customer service at Vye?

Have not mailed them but ordered on Friday and collected at the factory on Friday and told the lady that helped me about the sizes that is not correct.Was told they working on it.

Have not mailed them but ordered on Friday and collected at the factory on Friday and told the lady that helped me about the sizes that is not correct.Was told they working on it.

Sorry if I came across badly, I have just seen it too often where guys raise it here, but don't raise it constructively with the business.

I'm glad they are working on it as it seems to be a common thread with guys ordering bibs recently. I know Bjorne will appreciate the feed back and the sales team will have to process less exchanges so it makes sense to get it right for them.

New bib arrived yesterday, tried it on last night.

Snug where it needs to be snug, shoulders are tight enough that they wont be hanging loose when on the bike but not that tight that you cant stand up.

Seems perfect, cant wait to take it for a spin this weekend.

Someone asked me for a review of the bibs, I'm therefore going to assume there is some interest.

I'm going to post here what I told him,

Reviewing the bib after this weekends ride would be unfair on the bib.

Firstly, even though I was going to, I never got around to giving it a wash before i used it. I've felt it before with other new bibs and again with this one, gives some discomfort, I find the chamois changes slightly after the first rinse.

Then, it was one of those rides where nothing gelled, could not get a rhythm, lungs hurt for no reason, legs hurt for no reason, so after about 90 minutes every thing was hurting, including my butt.

For those reasons I'll refrain from giving a review on the bib comfort just yet.

what I will say is they look very well made, have a nice looking strip on the pants legs for folding them in place and are calling me to try them again.

I'll give them another try either during the week or on the weekend again.

Right so a little review then.

I really like the look and fit of these, so I really want them to be comfy too.

Sunday after my ride I gave them a hand wash.

Tuesday I wore them for my commute to work, I could feel the friction between my undercarriage and the padding. 

When I gave them a wash again on Tuesday evening I could feel the chamois was rather stiff, so I made sure to soak it properly and really give it a good scrunch up to try and soften it.

i then wore them again yesterday for my commute and they felt so much better on the way to work, I dont know how they felt on the way home as i left work in the dark (much later than usual) and basically TT'd all the way home to work out my frustrations, so the only things I felt was my legs and my lungs.

But based on my short commute (40 minutes) yesterday morning they felt comfy, I'll need to try them on a longer ride still and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, so here's me verdict.

I've done a number of shorter rides, between 30min and 1 hour. The bibs are fantastic. 

As others have mentioned, they fit a little tighter than other bibs, but the cut is such that you dont look like a stuffed sausage in them.

The silicone strip on the legs is wide but the material thin so its really comfy on the legs and holds well.

Quality of materials and stitching seems really good so far and the bibs seem to dry rather quickly when washed in the shower.

For what i bought these for, the shorter rides and mainly commuting they are excellent.

But(t)

I did a 2.5 our ride yesterday.

At around the 1hour, 1:30 mark my butt started to hurt. Not from chaffing, but from pressure. Granted I was doing a long slow ride so my butt was firmly planted on the saddle, not much weight going through the legs, but it got rather uncomfortable.

At about the 2hour mark I went down into the drops to put pressure on a different part of the butt and it did get better.

Would I buy them again ?

I probably would, but every now and then you can pick up some Ciovita Corsa's on special at the same price, I'd prefer to get those.

Value for money wise the Vye bibs are great, well made and perhaps its just my combination of anatomy and saddle that doesnt gel properly with them on longer rides.

Right, so here's me verdict.

I've done a number of shorter rides, between 30min and 1 hour. The bibs are fantastic. 

As others have mentioned, they fit a little tighter than other bibs, but the cut is such that you dont look like a stuffed sausage in them.

The silicone strip on the legs is wide but the material thin so its really comfy on the legs and holds well.

Quality of materials and stitching seems really good so far and the bibs seem to dry rather quickly when washed in the shower.

For what i bought these for, the shorter rides and mainly commuting they are excellent.

But(t)

I did a 2.5 our ride yesterday.

At around the 1hour, 1:30 mark my butt started to hurt. Not from chaffing, but from pressure. Granted I was doing a long slow ride so my butt was firmly planted on the saddle, not much weight going through the legs, but it got rather uncomfortable.

At about the 2hour mark I went down into the drops to put pressure on a different part of the butt and it did get better.

Would I buy them again ?

I probably would, but every now and then you can pick up some Ciovita Corsa's on special at the same price, I'd prefer to get those.

Value for money wise the Vye bibs are great, well made and perhaps its just my combination of anatomy and saddle that doesnt gel properly with them on longer rides.

The Vyebibs use a 6mm pad while the Covita is7mm . That could be why.

or even just the shape / construction of the padding that might not be working for me

Add exact positioning in the shorts to that.

I've found many SA manufacturers position the chamois either too far forward or too far back, and not nicely under the sit bones.

Add exact positioning in the shorts to that.

I've found many SA manufacturers position the chamois either too far forward or too far back, and not nicely under the sit bones.

haven't found this issue in the last 10 years but anything is possible.

haven't found this issue in the last 10 years but anything is possible.

my Anatomic Platinum bibs that I bought in 2017 has been an issue, pad too far forward and creeps up and moves around when you stand up. That was really a wasted R1k or so.

my Anatomic Platinum bibs that I bought in 2017 has been an issue, pad too far forward and creeps up and moves around when you stand up. That was really a wasted R1k or so.

I've got a pair of anatomic longs that I bought probably 10+ years ago that do the same thing, thats why they're hardly worn