Vye Cycling

Chris_

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good value, the company is super efficient, they are comfortable, wear well and have quite a few different 'fits' and cuts.

Bjorne Vye tests all the clothes himself and is a very humble, generous, fantastic fellow. 

You won't go wrong with their kit or their company ethos

What babse and Jewie said. 

I've used them several times including kit for those popular stage races. 

The bibs are super comfortable and the lycra front tops are suitable for out Autumn through Spring climate. They have various options in cut and styles and fabric per panel. Basically they will build you a custom top from the collar down to the waist elastic.

The kit is made in house at their factory in Kensington (Cape Town), not in China. If any repairs or alterations are needed they can facilitate, your kit doesn't have to go all the way back to China.

Bjorn and his wife are regulars at the sharp end of the mtb marathon field and as stated test the kit themselves and with a small group of locals. Their designer max is also a well known local racer. Basically,...their know their ****.

I haven't killed one of their bibs yet despite lots of IDT abuse and stage race abuse. Very impressed with the comfort, reliability and durability of the product.

Edited by DieselnDust

Follow up to this - I ordered the road cycling top, its a beautiful piece of kit!

At first I thought it runs a little small size-wise but because its made of like 100 different types of material it moulds and fits very nicely.

I had a layer on underneath so can't speak more to comfort, but it seems a very good buy.

Follow up to this - I ordered the road cycling top, its a beautiful piece of kit!

At first I thought it runs a little small size-wise but because its made of like 100 different types of material it moulds and fits very nicely.

I had a layer on underneath so can't speak more to comfort, but it seems a very good buy.

You should try the bibs too trust me, they're worth it

• 1 month later...

Anyone used Vye Cycling clothing before? 

I see its local, and pretty well priced. Wondering if its any good.

Used VYE,

I ordered a trail shirt with long sleeves, they only had short sleeves in stock , they replied it would need approx 5 day lead time , item was delivered in less time.

I am very pleased with the quality and their excellent service.

I highly recommend them.

Within the last six weeks or so, we had some custom Vye kit made, I've worn it about 5 times since we got it and can confirm, for me -  It's awesome. The bibs are very comfortable and the long sleeve winters' top is warm enough not to have to layer and feel like an Oros man. I can recommend. Pricing was also very good. 

yeah according to their sizing chart I'm a size small bib. but if you say its good then I'm going to pull thr trigger and buy a pair of bibs from them

Great kit, fits well and material and stitching looks good...went well out of their way to sort out bib size misunderstanding....

post-35907-0-14123600-1598619047_thumb.png

yeah according to their sizing chart I'm a size small bib. but if you say its good then I'm going to pull thr trigger and buy a pair of bibs from them

whats your height and weight?

1.75m

82kg

86cm waist

I see now its actually XS

In VyeCycle kit you'd be a medium to large

Im 172cm

71Kg, 79cm waist wear size small or medium in Mirage Quad bib

1.75m

82kg

86cm waist

I see now its actually XS