Vye Cycling

Chris_

From reading through this you probably need a XL.

Yip I think the Enjoy Fitness, and Vye sizing is aligned close to the ASSOS Mille fit. 

So I can wear Mille in S for a race fit or Medium for a more relaxed fit. With Vye and Enjoy I find exactly the same fit as the Mille therefore if Enjoy XL then Vye =XL

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got some sizing experience please?

I'm 182cm, 82kg and think I am between a M & L. For reference, I ride with XL Enjoy bibs.

Definitely XL - i'm also 1.82 but a bit more on the kg's. Tried the M and L and way too small/tight.

So many okes are seriously optimistic re sizing.

If you are 6 foot 82kg, in what anything are you a medium? I'm not being mean, but if you are a 34 pant ish you are solidly a Large. 

I wear a medium at a push and I am shorter and almost 10kg lighter and sometimes still wear a large in some brands.

It's ok to wear a large. There is no shame in it. I'm just trying to understand how some of you guys thought 'I'm a bigger than average chap, definitely a size small or medium in clothing for a sport made for anorexic birds'....  :ph34r:

So many okes are seriously optimistic re sizing.

If you are 6 foot 82kg, in what anything are you a medium? I'm not being mean, but if you are a 34 pant ish you are solidly a Large. 

I wear a medium at a push and I am shorter and almost 10kg lighter and sometimes still wear a large in some brands.

It's ok to wear a large. There is no shame in it. I'm just trying to understand how some of you guys thought 'I'm a bigger than average chap, definitely a size small or medium in clothing for a sport made for anorexic birds'....  :ph34r:

have to agree...

I am 183cm and between 79-80kg and use a L to XL bib depending on the brand.

Tops, different story. Medium with most brands I use.

So after reading the positive feedback of these bibs i decided to get myself a pair. Mailed the sales department to ask about try before I buy and they were happy to but also asked for my basic sizes.

They recommended a Medium. I would've thought I was a Large?

Waist Size - 32"

Usual Bib Size - Large
Height - 181 cm
Weight - 70 kg

I don't feel like the schlep of sending a pair of shorts back and forth.

I know they are the professionals at what they do but I am somewhat concerned that the Medium will be too tight? Or do i have body dysmorphia 

So after reading the positive feedback of these bibs i decided to get myself a pair. Mailed the sales department to ask about try before I buy and they were happy to but also asked for my basic sizes.

Waist Size - 32"

Usual Bib Size - Large
Height - 181 cm
Weight - 70 kg

I know they are the professionals at what they do but I am somewhat concerned that the Medium will be too tight? Or do i have body dysmorphia 

I'm 189cm with 36" waist, and a bunch of kg's heavier and I have their Large, it's tight, but not too tight ....  You don't want the bib to be loose fitting ...

Waist Size - 32"

Usual Bib Size - Large
Height - 181 cm
Weight - 70 kg

you're a medium.

same weight as me but I'm a 29-30 waist and fit into Small or medium (more roomy fit)

You should be fine in the medium.

I used the waist sizing on the fit chart for the bib shorts. That told me I should get a large size bib shorts. I confirmed with Vye and they agreed. It was way too small, I returned the bib shorts and got a pair of XXL, my normal size for Castelli Bib Shorts (I run XL with Ciovita). I am 192cm with a size 36 waist. The return process was very easy and Max was a pleasure to communicate with.

The shorts are well made with a good quality pad. The fit for me is not good. The main problem is that the bib straps are very short/tight compared to every other brand of bib short I have tried. This leads to the bib shorts feeling like they are constantly giving me a wedgie. With the straps off, the bib short lowers fit fairly well and remind me a lot of the older generation Castelli Velocissimo bib shorts. 

The price for these bib shorts is really excellent and I was hoping for a good set of bib shorts. However these shorts will be regulated to short stints on the indoor trainer. 

I used the waist sizing on the fit chart for the bib shorts. That told me I should get a large size bib shorts. I confirmed with Vye and they agreed. It was way too small, I returned the bib shorts and got a pair of XXL, my normal size for Castelli Bib Shorts (I run XL with Ciovita). I am 192cm with a size 36 waist. The return process was very easy and Max was a pleasure to communicate with.

The shorts are well made with a good quality pad. The fit for me is not good. The main problem is that the bib straps are very short/tight compared to every other brand of bib short I have tried. This leads to the bib shorts feeling like they are constantly giving me a wedgie. With the straps off, the bib short lowers fit fairly well and remind me a lot of the older generation Castelli Velocissimo bib shorts. 

The price for these bib shorts is really excellent and I was hoping for a good set of bib shorts. However these shorts will be regulated to short stints on the indoor trainer. 

I think the challenge you had is due to body type. At 192cmand 36" waist you're higher volume so you should size up. We're not all built the same.

When I size up to a medium the bib straps are more loose fitting so the few medium pairs I have are quite handy right now as bib strap passes right over my repaired clavicle fracture. 

I still prefer the overall fit of the Small and feeling of being suspended in the bib from the shoulders as this keeps everything where its supposed to be. 

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I think my misspent skateboarding with jeans around my ankles has blurred my sense of normality.

just be aware that you too will have the suspended from the shoulders feeling in the medium.

I'm 9cm shorter so the Medium bib straps are very loose over my shoulders so should be snug for you. I have plenty of room around the waist in the medium. 

just be aware that you too will have the suspended from the shoulders feeling in the medium.

I'm 9cm shorter so the Medium bib straps are very loose over my shoulders so should be snug for you. I have plenty of room around the waist in the medium. 

I am happy with a snug fit, my current bibs' straps are quiet loose and gets rather uncomfortable after 2+ hours. I should've done this after the first ride I suffered discomfort. But also trying to support local without looking like knob took a lot of time I should've been working doing research. And budget and reviews. It has been an ordeal. 

So I took my bibs for a 5 hour ride yesterday and this was my experience.

As I had previously read on this thread, I soaked them in water and gave the chamois a scrunching.

I was super excited and woke up earlier than necessary and put them on and promptly went back to bed, thinking it would be a good idea for them and my body to get acquainted. 

They were snug, not in an uncomfortable way but more of a "hey, these are snug" kind of way.

I rode to to meet a couple friends and by the time I got to the meeting place I had already forgotten I was wearing them. It was only after about 3 hours I experienced some discomfort but I attribute that to being firmly planted in the saddle and not relieving any of the pressure points. I made a mental note to get out of the saddle every once it a while and didn't experience any further discomfort for the remainder of the ride.

The only other gripe, although minor, was that the chamois sort of shifted forward between my thighs.

Possibly not enough chamois cream or wriggling around too much dying up the final climbs.

All in all at the end of the day I felt they did their job better than I did and I will definitely be adding another pair to the closet.

You could always ask someone to sew in a piece of fabric into the shoulder straps. Its a 10 minute job and might make the bibs WAY better. I did it to a set of Enjoy bibs and they went from poo to amazing in 2 snips, 4 runs with the overlocker and 4 runs on the sewing machine to top stich the new seams down.

Anyone compared these to the Finch bibs perhaps. Also found those a bit tight over the shoulders