Rocker Plates

It actually has place under the platform to fasten some weights. I still need to experiment with how much weight I need to balance it out - it seems fine when riding easy, but leans left slightly on harder efforts

The important thing with our ROCKIT design and the SWAY which is not too dissimilar is to ensure your set-up is level so you get an even rock. Using a spirit level or the bubble level app on your phone is quickest and easiest. This way you get the best ride feel both in and out of the saddle.

Not every IDT has the same size or weight flywheel, some obv don't even have flywheels, and not everyone's floor is level either. ;). Which is why you need the counterweight.

Cheers

Ross

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The important thing with our ROCKIT design and the SWAY which is not too dissimilar is to ensure your set-up is level so you get an even rock. Using a spirit level or the bubble level app on your phone is quickest and easiest. This way you get the best ride feel both in and out of the saddle.

Not every IDT has the same size or weight flywheel, some obv don't even have flywheels, and not everyone's floor is level either. ;). Which is why you need the counterweight.

Cheers

Ross

Researching different opinions on these rocker Plate designs i'm liking the swing board better and better. Simulating the rocking motion as close as possible to out on the road, the swing board does this better than a rocker plate or at least will have a more realistic feel. 

Have you ever thought about incorporating fore/aft movement ? 

Was thinking of mounting the swing board on a linear moving board instead of the floor.

When it comes to designing a rocker plate, springs and inflatables make zero sense to me. I am in complete agreement with Max McAllister (Traxxion Dynamics): Why would you want something exerting upwards mechanical or air pressure on you and your bike as you ride, trying to push you vertical / upright?

This isn’t how the gravity physics of riding a bike works when you’re outside, so why create that inside? If you watch some of the videos online the ride looks very rigid, which is even an accusation that’s been leveled at the Saris MP1 by GPLama.

Yes we will be incorporating a small amount of fore / aft movement in our full length ROCKIT BOOSTR platform which will hopefully be available in a couple of weeks (currently in prototype testing phase). It won’t be as dramatic as the fore / aft motion you get with the MP1, but it will be a completely different design than anything that’s currently available I.e. not just a full length wooden board

fore aft movement needs to be controlled by springs and damped. on the road the tyre is doing that.

So roll should be free fall

axial movement should be sprung and damped.

pretty easy to incorporate into the Rockit concept

Agree 100% DieselnDust.

We are also trying to keep things as simple as possible, so easy setup and no ongoing servicing, maintenance, warranties etc

keep us updated on this thread would love to see the new design

keep us updated on this thread would love to see the new design

Just received confirmation from CycleLab that the ROCKIT will be set up as a demo in their Fourways store for customers to test.

If you can then please give it a go, would be great to get your feedback.

I'll certainly keep this thread updated on progress with our front plate (CAPSULE) and the full length platform (BOOSTR).

We've also designed a riser block made entirely out of matching Baltic birch plywood called the DOCK X which complements the ROCKIT nicely. Less plastic in the world is a good thing, right? I've attached a photo of the prototype:

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0131-e1591283599817.jpg

Just a thought - that Dock-X needs to have a dual design for both road and MTB.

That's just the prototype, but maybe you can make out the lines where we identified we need to cut more away to accommodate fatter tyres.

The DOCK X has been designed for use with the ROCKIT; the V-shaped groove allows you to lean your front wheel as you get out the saddle and hooi the bike left/right.  Unlike some rocker plates and their front wheel fixings which appear to firmly clasp the front wheel in place and give a "rigid" experience.

Edited by ROCKITRIDEIT

That's just the prototype, but maybe you can make out the lines where we identified we need to cut more away to accommodate fatter tyres.

The DOCK X has been designed for use with the ROCKIT; the V-shaped groove allows you to lean your front wheel as you get out the saddle and hooi the bike left/right. Unlike some rocker plates and their front wheel fixings which appear to firmly clasp the front wheel in place and give a "rigid" experience.

Hi man. I can’t figure out how to send you a private message, but please can you get back to me with a price of a rocker plate and front wheel mount . Regards

Hi man. I can’t figure out how to send you a private message, but please can you get back to me with a price of a rocker plate and front wheel mount . Regards

Hover over their name, or click their name then send message... alternatively you could just click on their advert that gives the price and message them.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/indoor-trainers-and-accessories/411472/rockit-rocker-plate

What @shaper said  :)    I'll DM you now as well.

ROCKIT launch special price is R3,299 + R499 for the birch DOCK-X.  We can source you a plastic riser block for R249 if you'd prefer.

Just received confirmation from CycleLab that the ROCKIT will be set up as a demo in their Fourways store for customers to test.

If you can then please give it a go, would be great to get your feedback.

Will they then also be stocking them for purchase? If not, what is the shipping cost to JHB?

Also, when will the demo unit be arriving for us to test?

Our shipping cost to JHB is R125 with The Courier Guy.

The demo unit is already with CycleLab, but I only received confirmation today via email that they have put the demo unit on the Fourways shop floor. So yes I hope they will be stocking the ROCKIT + accessories, but (full disclosure) I need to have a chat with the Merchandising Manager first.

The launch special price R3,299 ends 30 June. Just a heads up.

Their product looks well made and a reasonable price - But i want fore/aft movement as well.

Hey Madmarc, I designed and developed the SwayRocker system.

I am in the process of developing an upgrade for this. its a bit challenging, but hopefully I can have a solution soon - so ill keep you updated on this...seems a few peope are keen to see something similar.

It actually has place under the platform to fasten some weights. I still need to experiment with how much weight I need to balance it out - it seems fine when riding easy, but leans left slightly on harder efforts

Our system uses any standard old dumbell weight, which mounts inside of a routered 'pocket' under the deck to make sure the top is clean and not cluttered. There is space for 2 weights, so you can mount up to 5kg (2x 2.5kg) in order to balance things out. They are also adjustable, so you can really fine tune this to suit your specific trainer setup and balance point.