wonder if you can make rocker plates for bed bases

haha..reminded me of this...

post-64325-0-71007600-1596193352_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy working on my own design, that will allow side to side "sway" and then forward and backword motion.

I'm thinking of fitting a small leaf spring (from a "Venter" trailer) directly under the trainer and back wheel of the bike, to allow the sway that is necessary.

For the forward and backward motion I also have a design in mind, must just find a competent welder to help me build my tracks. All the contact and movement points will be mounted on small bearings, in order to make it more durable. 

It will be a full length base, and have a built in riser block for the front wheel. I'm designing it to work with my Saris M2 trainer. 

Any obvious flaws you guys can see?

Busy working on my own design, that will allow side to side "sway" and then forward and backword motion.

I'm thinking of fitting a small leaf spring (from a "Venter" trailer) directly under the trainer and back wheel of the bike, to allow the sway that is necessary.

For the forward and backward motion I also have a design in mind, must just find a competent welder to help me build my tracks. All the contact and movement points will be mounted on small bearings, in order to make it more durable. 

It will be a full length base, and have a built in riser block for the front wheel. I'm designing it to work with my Saris M2 trainer. 

Any obvious flaws you guys can see?

Sounds lekker. How do you plan to fit the leaf spring so that it provides sway? Leaf springs are layered so I can imagine a very smooth rock. They are also very stiff - being designed for loads exceeding what a rocker plate would normally carry. 

Sounds lekker. How do you plan to fit the leaf spring so that it provides sway? Leaf springs are layered so I can imagine a very smooth rock. They are also very stiff - being designed for loads exceeding what a rocker plate would normally carry. 

That should say **cant imagine a very smooth rock**

I'll be using only the shortest leaf, should provide the best amount of sway(leaf springs can be separated, will be using the hole in the middle to mount it to my frame)

s04-27-600x600.jpg

I'll be using only the shortest leaf, should provide the best amount of sway(leaf springs can be separated, will be using the hole in the middle to mount it to my frame)

s04-27-600x600.jpg

sounds like a good idea - be good to see your finished product 

• 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

are rocker plates still a thing? I thought they went the way of the fatbike?

What are they for?

2 hours ago, Kranswurm said:

What are they for?

Taking up space in the lounge when you watch tdf on your indoor trainer whilst also partaking in Zwift race. Apparently it makes the indoor experience more realistic despite the fact you're anchored to one place and have a laptop or ipad in front of you.

Like compression socks it works your core.... Apparently

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Taking up space in the lounge when you watch tdf on your indoor trainer whilst also partaking in Zwift race. Apparently it makes the indoor experience more realistic despite the fact you're anchored to one place and have a laptop or ipad in front of you.

Like compression socks it works your core.... Apparently

Sounds like bs to me

19 hours ago, jdwet1980 said:

20210619_085255.jpg.a5a2631964ea393fb0e5a0865d2354b4.jpg

Jirre, those spring rockers and pillar post have 7 adjustment points. That’s pro. 

Okes hating on the IDT after it saved my sanity and my family last year is a bit rough! hahahaha

On that, I think I will be selling it this week. Last year made me absolutely hate zwift and stationary cycling and I don't think I will ever do it again. The trauma of back to back uber pretzels and indoor everesting chasing the impossible high is still too fresh.

I would dig to try out a rocker plate and dedicate some time to intervals but the reality is that I shudder when I look at it.

I am jealous of you guys who can still stomach it. That thing looks hardcore!