South Africa’s First Subscription Box for Cycling Gear

News bot

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW what a load of crap. I wanted to give them a chance and was really excited to see what they would include in the box.

Even if I could not use some of the items I would have donated it. I even tried to sign up my friends just glad I waited on my box to arrive before I told them about it.

I'm so glad I didn't sigh them up. I'm actually thinking of taking it further.

Paid the 489X3 installments and then received a box of crap. Even the packaging was beyond amateur.

Below is the list of things I received.

What they promise and what they gave is worlds and I mean WORLDS APART.

4 bags of coffee

1 pair of sunglasses RockBros(AliExpress version)

Pepper Spray

4 bars

A buff

1 Energade.

I would stay clear of this make shift company that will swindle you out of your money.

thats pretty poor. I can understand why you are hacked off.

Don't know what you expected. Lucky packets have traditionally been a load of crap

True, but based on what they describe one would expect only some of it to be crap, like which item was the “premium” item?

True, but based on what they describe one would expect only some of it to be crap, like which item was the “premium” item?

The Premium item according to them were the RockBros(AliExpress) sunglasses. They are also yet to respond to my email I sent them on my disappointment wrt to their false advertising.

They were speaking about cycling gear and even if they gave me some samples of bike wash or degreaser I would have been fine but 4 bags of coffee come on.

Looking at the box today I just laughed.

What kind of coffee? Beans? Ground? Frisco? (Instant coffee/Chicory)

Edited by RocknRolla

The Premium item according to them were the RockBros(AliExpress) sunglasses. They are also yet to respond to my email I sent them on my disappointment wrt to their false advertising.

They were speaking about cycling gear and even if they gave me some samples of bike wash or degreaser I would have been fine but 4 bags of coffee come on.

Looking at the box today I just laughed.

Please post a picture for us

The Coffee, was it :

4 x 250g Coffee beans 

4 x 18g Nescafe cappuccino sachets

4 x 1.8 Jacobs Instant Coffee

The Coffee, was it :

4 x 250g Coffee beans

4 x 18g Nescafe cappuccino sachets

4 x 1.8 Jacobs Instant Coffee

WTF. I would not take the sachets and instant if soemone paid me to. And beans - great - but only if you have a grinder and machine, and even then I don't buy more than 500gr at a time otherwise it gets old before I can use it.

and even then I don't buy more than 500gr at a time otherwise it gets old before I can use it.

That actually depends on the coffee and is more applicable to the every day rubbish you get at the grocery store.

Your higher quality coffees have a longer shelf life and can even taste better after settling for a while.

The first few days/weeks and sometimes even months are their settling phase during which the flavor can vary. These will usually taste possible better or at least more consistent between days if allowed to settle.

I have found that Terbadore has a good shelf life, I usually buy 6+ 250g bags, my last order was 12. They never taste old, and I have actually tasted old coffee. Tastes miff.

The guys like Merkarva, 18 and Balance are likely to be the same, you’ll find the mass produced ones will probably go old faster as they have a more rushed roasting process, hek they probably burning it right then and there.

Here you guys can see I have attached the screenshot about the things they promise on their FB page and all their Social media platforms. I have then also attached a pic of what I actually received. What's actually sad about this is that they didn't even bother replying to my email when I expressed my dissatisfaction of what they sent in regard to what they advertised.

post-92009-0-18448900-1616494387_thumb.jpg

post-92009-0-02264200-1616494419_thumb.jpg

post-92009-0-58918600-1616494443_thumb.jpg

Here you guys can see I have attached the screenshot about the things they promise on their FB page and all their Social media platforms. I have then also attached a pic of what I actually received. What's actually sad about this is that they didn't even bother replying to my email when I expressed my dissatisfaction of what they sent in regard to what they advertised.

Almost 1500 bucks for that? Proper taking this pi$$ if you ask me!

Please specify with a list and and your estimated values of each item... :eek: