Table mountain activity card

Rush786

Hi If I buy a Table mountain activity permit before price increase in November do they apply increased price to the amount of months in the new period or do u actually avoid the increase. Also is there a big saving from R625 to buy the permit in groups? Rates on website does not give this cost.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd. website has historically always given costs. Still Do...

Level 3 Main Member - R625, Level 3 Additional Member (up to 3 additional) - R270.

So R1 435 for 4 ppl compared to R625 for 1...So TOTALLY worth it. (https://www.sanparks.org/parks/table_mountain/tourism/access-cards-permits.php)And no...you pay the current price now and the card is valid for 1 year from date of payment.

if anyone is keen to do the group thing  :ph34r:  with me... can we do it online?

Edited by Jbr

Nope, unfortunately TMNP is archaic as it comes. At one of their offices only :(

and the offices are currently closed. Tokai supposed to be opening first week in July. Apparently....

if anyone is keen to do the group thing  :ph34r:  with me... can we do it online?

I'm keen, I ran out at the beginning of March. 2 more needed. Just need to meet up and sort the paperwork. 

Will check with my inlaws as they also need for dog walking etc. 

Edited by T-Bob

and the offices are currently closed. Tokai supposed to be opening first week in July. Apparently....

Is Kirstenbosch also closed for cards? I suppose they would be hey.

Is Kirstenbosch also closed for cards? I suppose they would be hey.

I mailed Sanparks last week and asked about Kirstenbosch as well. See reply below -

Hi

Currently we are not open for renewals

We hope to open the Tokai office for renewals in the first week in July

No date yet for the Cape Town Tourism Offices to reopen

in the meantime if we want to ride one of the table mountain trails we risk taking a beating from the rangers then ? I've heard of a new trail camps bay side that I'd like to try...

If there's a group option developing, I would also be keen to get on board. Will keep tabs on the thread

remember, you can get your card extended by three months if it expired during lock down - just take card to office.

Which is unfortunately closed at the moment.

Opened for one day (I think) and had to close down again, something I have a feeling we will have to get used to.

Nope, unfortunately TMNP is archaic as it comes. At one of their offices only :(

And at the Airport :ph34r:

in the meantime if we want to ride one of the table mountain trails we risk taking a beating from the rangers then ? I've heard of a new trail camps bay side that I'd like to try...

No activity permit needed to ride the new camp's bay trail, its all private land. But do make use of the snapscan board to make a donation so that we can have more single track there!

remember, you can get your card extended by three months if it expired during lock down - just take card to office.

What was the offical date that they are taking the lockdown from?