SPD Sandals

'Kaze Pete

i worked in a high end Vail shoestore during a skiseason

we sold a bucketload of these (well the non SPD version) despite it being winter.

turns out they were fairly well pricecontrolled, but the store owner would sell them at cost to generate traffic during winter.

now that i think about it they were solid enough for riding.

3kz2e8nrfyw11.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the motocross boots work similarly, a carbon or plastic ankle brace skeleton and a softer inner booty. Actually works really well in terms of adding comfort and rigidity. 

It also means you can walk around the pit area (or around the house) before or after a ride in just the inner booty without walking like an idiot in boots/Cleats. I know a few better halves would appreciate it over the scratching tiles and waking the house up with your cleats at 5am...

My old man is getting a pair of these for Christmas.

He loves these strop things. If they mad a Croc with a cleat, he would have them too.

976d5ac294caea79a441322bf9f64500.jpg

Nee V*k. Nee man nee. the image is disturbing

But on this topic, what shoes are available as a walker with cleats. Seems the Giro is a good option? But what else is there?

Giro-Rumble-VR-Off-Road-Shoe-Cycling-Sho

Are you a real cyclist. Where you walking ?

Don't you worry your purdy little mouth with my fetishes, its a simple question. 

Sitting in a 5 hour virtual Zoom with the UK - might as well talk some smack with a walker on a cycling forum. Whatever fetishes you have we are here for you. #hubsupport #whenyoucannolongercycle

When i saw "SPD Sandals" and opened this thread, i was getting ready to laugh....but once opening the link and seeing it, i think it is quite nice. Only for casual riding where you will be riding slow, perhaps with the little kids. Any aggressive / fast riding needs to be closed shoes. However, I don't think i would try it.

I remember in BMX days i rode one day with plakkies and stubbed my toe on tarmac, nail was just clinging on and the pain was something else....since that day I'm scared to mix bicycles and sandals. Still traumatized.  :D

Only for casual riding you say.....

Logically and In theory yes

In the late 90’s early 2000’s there was a guy from Pretoria who used to race XC and XCM competitively (as in winning his age group 30-35) who rode in rocky open toe sandals with a home made attachment for spd cleats.

Shudder to think what todays peloton fashionrati would say about this

Nee V*k. Nee man nee. the image is disturbing

But what else are you going to wear with your best racing outfit?? I'd say those will pair nicely with this for the next enduro. 

barry1small.jpg

I'll buy a pair if it was Crocs with cleats.

I thought Patch Snr was the only one. He cannot find out about you. It will end up like a Highlander scene.