Garmin Connect - No Elevation Shown

The Ouzo

I'm using an edge 130 on the bike. It synchs straight to the phone after I save the ride on the device.

Garmin Connect then synchs to Strava.

Strava shows my elevation gain, but Garmin Connect is not showing anything.

If I got back through my activities it looks like it started when I did my first IDT ride during lockdown, did I change something I've forgotten about ?

Bug in Garmin connect. 

I dont even look at GC any longer, as long as strava is correct I am happy.

Check your GPS settings on the unit, might be switched off.

My GC works fine, no bug. All data shows up fine from my 830

If it was off then he would not elevation on strava either?

I'm using an edge 130 on the bike. It synchs straight to the phone after I save the ride on the device.

Garmin Connect then synchs to Strava.

Strava shows my elevation gain, but Garmin Connect is not showing anything.

If I got back through my activities it looks like it started when I did my first IDT ride during lockdown, did I change something I've forgotten about ?

Would you mind sharing the strava activity?

In Garmin Connect if you enable Elevation Correction (right hand side of the screen below the picture of your Garmin unit on the website, not sure if it's possible in the app) that should solve the problem.

Edited by Jehosefat

Try this and see if it helps

Manual Altimeter calibration has now been added to the Edge 130 in firmware version 3.20. it's in the menu under Sensors > Altimeter and is a new feature that enables you to set the elevation at the start of your ride.

Automatic altimeter calibration is always on and works in the background using the elevation provided by GPS. It is greatly improved in 3.20 (it also worked pretty well in 2.40 but was essentially broken in 3.00).

But if GPS is off then I should not be getting speed and distance either as I'm not running a Speed sensor on the bike

Edit.

Never mind, just checked on the unit, GPS was turned off. Not sure how it gets speed and map then, but at least I found the problem.

Edited by ouzo

Try this and see if it helps

Manual Altimeter calibration has now been added to the Edge 130 in firmware version 3.20. it's in the menu under Sensors > Altimeter and is a new feature that enables you to set the elevation at the start of your ride.

Automatic altimeter calibration is always on and works in the background using the elevation provided by GPS. It is greatly improved in 3.20 (it also worked pretty well in 2.40 but was essentially broken in 3.00).

Will give this a try, thanks

Check your GPS settings on the unit, might be switched off.

My GC works fine, no bug. All data shows up fine from my 830

Thanks, this might be the issue after all.

Thanks, this might be the issue after all.

if all else fails, just do a master reset.

I had similar issues after lockdown, everything was messed up from being stuck indoors for a month.