Underberg Riding

Santa Dan

Hi guys, 

I'm heading to the Underberg for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions where to ride or any GPX files that I could use. Keen to do some epic riding and avoid the pain of being lost or not finding the good routes. 

Thanks 

Hi, The Sani2c starts at Himeville very close the underberg, there should be lots to ride in the area, sorry can not help with any routes.

Hi guys, 

I'm heading to the Underberg for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions where to ride or any GPX files that I could use. Keen to do some epic riding and avoid the pain of being lost or not finding the good routes. 

Thanks 

Hi, are you on Garmin Connect? Go to Training on the menu bar,then to Courses, then to Search - Maps and go to the area you want to cycle, type in Sani /Underberg and check List. There are lots of courses created nearby Underberg / Sani Pass and SaniSpoors on Garmin Connect.

Awesome area to Cycle. You are in Sani2C & Drak Decent country !! Sani Pass is a 42km ride up / down from the Sani Pass hotel.

Enjoy!

Edited by Marinz

Just call the hotel and make sure the border post is open. Last I heard it was still closed.

It's a tough ride up, and isn't complete without a beer in Africa's highest pub.

It would be *** to ride up and not crest the summit

I suspect just about every business has a cyclist; Mr Knox (note surname :)) owns the Spar and the "Duck" coffee shop on Drak Gardens road is a popular start for the Sani spoors. Glen Haw has a place just after the polo field on the Sani road and I think his daughter may be managing it - plenty advice there. Nippy mornings, mostly great weather.

The Olde Duck has great burgers. Also a good place to end riding. Animals and play area for the kids too. 

Edited by mahleu