Thinking of buying a bike? Top tips from a pro

News bot

How to buy the right bike

At JaSure, we think one of the best ways to explore and keep fit is on a bicycle. We chatted to our brand ambassador and ex-mountain biking pro Oli Munnik to get the low down on buying a bike.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That accessory list...Wow. lol. I can understand for the helmet and shorts, i think those 2 are real important. I got my R500 Darcs from Sportsmans for like 4 years now with the different lenses, still happy with it...That would leave 2k to buy the next higher spec bike...the 2k could be the difference between getting a coil shock vs the next level, an air shock...Thats more important than the Oakley...As a newbie you go over the bars, face first and shove your 2.5k Oakley into your face when you could have had hydraulic brakes instead. lol #Eish

Marketing and real useful information seldom appear in the same propomotional piece .....

This is just pure marketing .... and not something I will ever forward to a newby.

"Remember to insure your new cycling gear on the JaSure app, where you can simply switch on cover whenever you get in the saddle.

JaSure and Bike Hub have made it even easier to get a bicycle insurance quote. Introducing the zero second quote! All bike listings on the Bike Hub site now display an indicative JaSure premium. You can instantly get an idea of the insurance cost for a bike you’re checking out and easily click through to the JaSure Quick Quote for more details.

Lastly, do you have a question or advice of your own for a new buyer? Add your comment below."

I think this covers all

"Remember to insure your new cycling gear on the JaSure app, where you can simply switch on cover whenever you get in the saddle.

JaSure and Bike Hub have made it even easier to get a bicycle insurance quote. Introducing the zero second quote! All bike listings on the Bike Hub site now display an indicative JaSure premium. You can instantly get an idea of the insurance cost for a bike you’re checking out and easily click through to the JaSure Quick Quote for more details.

Lastly, do you have a question or advice of your own for a new buyer? Add your comment below."

I think this covers all

Ja, nee.

First time bikers with Oakleys and a Camelback water bottle...and flat pedals.

Seriously????  Oli wrote this??

Nothing wrong with the flat pedals. That is about the only thing I agree with in that article.