Versus Virtual Ride

News bot

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really found their socks that comfy, got 1 pair I won literally still sitting in the packaging from like last year. Falke was always better for me, but these days My feet have demanded Valera exclusivity. For me, there are no better socks out there.

Versus wins in the pretty game, but for running and cycling I found them very uncomfortable.

Edited by Reme Le Hane

Never really found their socks that comfy, got 1 pair I won literally still sitting in the packaging from like last year. Flake was always better for me, but these days My feet have demanded Valera exclusivity. For me, there are no better socks out there.

Versus wins in the pretty game, but for running and cycling I found them very uncomfortable.

Maybe they would be more comfortable if you removed the packaging before using them?

Never really found their socks that comfy, got 1 pair I won literally still sitting in the packaging from like last year. Flake was always better for me, but these days My feet have demanded Valera exclusivity. For me, there are no better socks out there.

I like Flake too, especially the Dipped Flake. Not so messy when you're munching one down in the car

Everyone who completed the ride gets a free pair. You just pay for shipping or add more pairs to get free shipping. (marketing genius :))

You don't even have to finish (I did, but ride is not uploaded), and I still got my mail this morning.

But very clever move, after the virtual run I ended up buying 5 pairs to get free shipping. Would be interesting to see how many sales they made this morning.

I like Flake too, especially the Dipped Flake. Not so messy when you're munching one down in the car

I once stood on a piece of flake while wearing my Falke socks, and it was a mess, there was flake falke footprints all over the floor....

Maybe they would be more comfortable if you removed the packaging before using them?

Good idea, maybe they should put that as an instruction on the cardboard “remove packaging before use”...

The free sock will actually cost me R160. I'm not falling for this one.

Ditto I won’t be shipping mine to switz

Anyone want my free pair, first to pm me gets my code

S’true

The free sock will actually cost me R160. I'm not falling for this one.

Well surely one can't expect them to cover shipping? It's still R125 less than what a pair would have cost you...

I also wouldn't get just the free pair, but it's a hell of a nice bonus for doing nothing if you were planning on buying socks anyway.

Ditto I won’t be shipping mine to switz

Anyone want my free pair, first to pm me gets my code

S’true

I think we all got the same code. Looks totally generic.

Am I the only one that didn't get an email for free socks even though I did the ride...?????

My email went into my 'promotions' inbox in gmail, which I don't get notifications for. Perhaps check it out.

Well surely one can't expect them to cover shipping? It's still R125 less than what a pair would have cost you...

I also wouldn't get just the free pair, but it's a hell of a nice bonus for doing nothing if you were planning on buying socks anyway.

Sure, but they don't allow you to collect them from their Stellenbosch distribution hub and they only allow online orders with forced shipping and one 'free pair' per order.

If it was really 'free socks' they would allow those other 'delivery' options. It seems a bit too close to a Nigerian Prince scam - you HAVE to pay R99 shipping for your 'free' socks. I like their socks, own quite a few pairs, but I found the way they did this a bit strange ... hey you won, but here is a generic code anyone can use and you have to pay R99. Why not just do a fair and transparent promotion ... but hey its not forced, use it, don't used it - times is tough captain

Sure, but they don't allow you to collect them from their Stellenbosch distribution hub and they only allow online orders with forced shipping and one 'free pair' per order.

If it was really 'free socks' they would allow those other 'delivery' options. It seems a bit too close to a Nigerian Prince scam - you HAVE to pay R99 shipping for your 'free' socks. I like their socks, own quite a few pairs, but I found the way they did this a bit strange ... hey you won, but here is a generic code anyone can use and you have to pay R99. Why not just do a fair and transparent promotion ... but hey its not forced, use it, don't used it - times is tough captain

They never said you won, they just said thanks for entering here are free socks.

I have no issue with it, it’s promotional to draw traffic to the site.

It worked. I would not have spent anything if they didn’t do it.

They never said you won, they just said thanks for entering here are free socks.

I have no issue with it, it’s promotional to draw traffic to the site.

It worked. I would not have spent anything if they didn’t do it.

Sure ... but it clearly says - Free Versus socks, 'You get a Free Pair'. The word 'FREE' pair appears in the email multiple times all over the place capitalized each time - but then they force online shipping, pricing for which is not listed in the email. Good promotion, but feels a bit dodgy. I had multiple friend feel the same ... but yeah its 'FREE'  ;)

Sure ... but it clearly says - Free Versus socks, 'You get a Free Pair'. The word 'FREE' pair appears in the email multiple times all over the place capitalized each time - but then they force online shipping, pricing for which is not listed in the email. Good promotion, but feels a bit dodgy. I had multiple friend feel the same ... but yeah its 'FREE'  ;)

Seriously?

If you had a business, would you ship 4000 pairs of socks at your cost ? I guess that would be a NO , so why expect it from someone else ?