Versus Virtual Ride

News bot

Seriously?

If you had a business, would you ship 4000 pairs of socks at your cost ? I guess that would be a NO , so why expect it from someone else ?

Definitely not expecting free shipping as I said above. Happy to collect at their distribution hub, happy if they don't include the extra packaging etc. The messaging is misleading, you have to pay R99 for the 'FREE' socks - you cannot bulk ship (which if you buy they allow R99 regardless of number).

I just think they should rather say its a promotion, buy 4 - get one free with shipping included, which is what they propose in the body of the email. Yes I have my own business, yes I am transparent in the way I operate and communicate, but I'm an engineer - not a marketer  :whistling:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure ... but it clearly says - Free Versus socks, 'You get a Free Pair'. The word 'FREE' pair appears in the email multiple times all over the place capitalized each time - but then they force online shipping, pricing for which is not listed in the email. Good promotion, but feels a bit dodgy. I had multiple friend feel the same ... but yeah its 'FREE' ;)

The email does mention that it can only be used online, one per order, and "the only thing you have to pay for is shipping, or add more pairs to get free shipping"?

Edit:apparently I type quite slowly on my phone... Anyway, I didn't feel like the email was unclear or hiding anything.

Edited by HdB

Definitely not expecting free shipping as I said above. Happy to collect at their distribution hub, happy if they don't include the extra packaging etc. The messaging is misleading, you have to pay R99 for the 'FREE' socks - you cannot bulk ship (which if you buy they allow R99 regardless of number).

I just think they should rather say its a promotion, buy 4 - get one free with shipping included, which is what they propose in the body of the email. Yes I have my own business, yes I am transparent in the way I operate and communicate, but I'm an engineer - not a marketer  :whistling:

OK ok ok so you'll drive 100km @R4.50 per km to avoid paying R99 shipping.....

It's pretty clear its a promotion. Nothings for nothing in this world.

Socks are R129 you surely cannot expect that to be shipped free of charge. Free shipping requires an order of over R400 so order 4 pairs of socks and get one free and shipping is free so you score your R4. 50 per km back.

Sure ... but it clearly says - Free Versus socks, 'You get a Free Pair'. The word 'FREE' pair appears in the email multiple times all over the place capitalized each time - but then they force online shipping, pricing for which is not listed in the email. Good promotion, but feels a bit dodgy. I had multiple friend feel the same ... but yeah its 'FREE' ;)

Nobody is being forced. Either you take the deal or leave it , simple. Nothing dodgy,nothing new or strange. It's just a clever business strategy

OK ok ok so you'll drive 100km @R4.50 per km to avoid paying R99 shipping.....

It's pretty clear its a promotion. Nothings for nothing in this world.

Socks are R129 you surely cannot expect that to be shipped free of charge. Free shipping requires an order of over R400 so order 4 pairs of socks and get one free and shipping is free so you score your R4. 50 per km back.

Contextually it depends on who you are, for me personally my delivery address would be the next block over, my office is in front of their head office. So shipping would mean a driver goes to their office, takes it to Cape Town, then comes back to their office less 100m, walks up 3 flights of stairs to deliver it.

So sure for him it’s driving a 100km, for me it’s on my way to the coffee shop. Regardless, don’t like their socks so no intention of using it, but not everyone lives 100km away.

Still, it’s clearly stated, free just pay shipping. In my case were I to take it up I would not care about the, the only point I may gripe is if I were to take however many more for the free shipping and still had to have it shipped. In my specific case as I am just round the corner that to me would just seem like a waste. Why waste money, let me walk or even you take a walk, no sense in a courier delivery to the next block over... lol

Edited by Reme Le Hane

Sure, but they don't allow you to collect them from their Stellenbosch distribution hub and they only allow online orders with forced shipping and one 'free pair' per order.

If it was really 'free socks' they would allow those other 'delivery' options. It seems a bit too close to a Nigerian Prince scam - you HAVE to pay R99 shipping for your 'free' socks. I like their socks, own quite a few pairs, but I found the way they did this a bit strange ... hey you won, but here is a generic code anyone can use and you have to pay R99. Why not just do a fair and transparent promotion ... but hey its not forced, use it, don't used it - times is tough captain

It's a business. Nothing is for free.

Exactly as you say, use it, don't use it. I just hate the entitled attitude of complaining that one has to pay shipping for a complimentary pair of socks. Every which way you look at it, it's a pair of socks you didn't have before.

So I got my socks, but not the neck thingies I ordered.

Have mailed them now to find out why

Anybody know who won the advertised prizes?

One big pet-peeve of mine is companies making a big fuss about a lucky draw or similar to boost their profile and then never following through on the same platforms to tell us who had won the prizes.

Anybody know who won the advertised prizes?

One big pet-peeve of mine is companies making a big fuss about a lucky draw or similar to boost their profile and then never following through on the same platforms to tell us who had won the prizes.

A separate winners article was posted last week, check out all the winners here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/event/versus-virtual-ride-congratulations-to-our-winners-r8159

Maybe most missed it and now that admin is bumping it, someone will answer my post?

I think I know why I (and most others) missed the article:

On the old platform you used to have the NEWS and Articles at the top of your page, so it was front&center when you landed on Bikehub.

The current layout  on mobile and Desktop has been built so that Classifieds is Front & Center, then Forums is next. You would need to manually scroll down to the Articles and News if you wanted to see them. Which almost never happens becaus of all the nice distractions in the Classifieds and all of the "outrage" in the Forums.