Wolwespruit suitable for 8 year olds?

cabous

Hi all,

Is the Wolwespruit mtb trails do-able with 8 year olds? The kids have done the 5km trails at Rosemary Hills and Hennops. The 10km at Hennops was a bit tough for the kids. Also, what is the trail running like?

I appreciate your feedback

Edited by cabous

Hi all,

Is the Wolwespruit mtb trails do-able with 8 year olds? The kids have done the 5km trails at Rosemary Hills and Hennops. The 10km at Hennops was a bit tough for the kids. Also, what is the trail running like?

I appreciate your feedback

Technically Wolwespruit MTB is at least 2 levels up from Rosemary Hills I don't know much about Hennops. The 5km (4.5) trail run has two nasty climbs but it's relatively mild from a technical point of view the 10km run has a lot of climbing and a bit more technical.

Try Hazeldean / Cowhouse, quite flat. Red barn too. Was at Hennops today for the first time, awesome place but don't think I'd take my niece there, climbs are quite hectic...Haven't been to Wolvespruit.

Buffelsdrift is nice too and got a few short route options. That would be worth a shot too.

No it's far more technical than rosemary (they're not even in the same universe) the terrain is more challenging and difficult to keep a rythym on if you're not putting in decent effort

I'd say they have to be very comfortable with 10km at rosemary to even think of 5km at wolwe

Just for some perspective I think in 15km at wolwe you'll climb more than at 50km at rosemary

Thanks for the feedback so far. Buffelsdrift looks nice - I’d like to try it sometime. Any other recommendations close to the Centurion, Laezonia / Mnandi areas apart from Hennops, NF, BRB, Groenkloof?

Thanks for the feedback so far. Buffelsdrift looks nice - I’d like to try it sometime. Any other recommendations close to the Centurion, Laezonia / Mnandi areas apart from Hennops, NF, BRB, Groenkloof?

For kids I'd stick to BRB, Northern farm and rosemary

Buffels has short routes but it's far to commute for a 5km ride

Stay away from groenkloof, no maintenance and good chance to be victimized by criminals if you're not in a large group

Wolwespruit lower section is fine for kids .Don,t take them up the hill yet .They will enjoy them pump track also

Edited by arendoog