Monton bibs and gear

Richard tiplady

• 2 years later...
On 7/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, shaper said:

Chinese company, clothing not bad, check sizing as can be on the small size

Reviving an old thread here

Sizing is tiny and very skinny race build orientated. I popped in at their very nice shop on Somerset Rd and left there feeling more of a blimp than usual.
Some lovely stuff there, so will go back before lunch, rather than after and try the tops on again.

From what I could understand from the sales guy, is that Monton manufactures for other high end brands so they are legit. He didn't mention what the other brands were.

Edited by splat

Was surprised to see that at the 'Argurst' they were selling clothing for more than Rapha was. There was a buzz. I'd thought of them as a cheaper brand. Then on a recent bikepacking trip a friend's Monton sun sleeves lasted exactly 1 day before fraying into oblivion. YMMV

I bought the cartoon top that was trending on various socials - honestly a great fit and has lasted several washes.

As far as fit goes, unlike Ciovita and a couple of others, the pockets dont hang off your butt, they actually sit nicely above your butt when loaded. A pet peve of mine.

The shop in De Waterkant is worth checking out for sizing, but from my experience a large is a large.

My ciovitas don't hang off my butt when loaded, even with a water bottle in one and a bag with 6 baby spids in the other.

I have Monton aero socks... It's why I'm so fast. Sizing isn't consistent though