Introducing the new Edge 130 Plus and Edge 1030 Plus from Garmin

News bot

Garmin has announced the Edge 130 Plus and Edge 1030 Plus, its latest GPS bike computers that include state of the art navigation, performance insights and safety and tracking features. Engineered for cyclists, by cyclists, the Edge 130 Plus and Edge 1030 Plus will not only track a ride, but monitor stats, provide training guidance and more. Ideal for riding no matter the weather conditions, the Edge 130 Plus features a button design and a 1.8-inch display that’s sharp and easy to read, whereas the Edge 1030 Plus offers a 3.5-inch touchscreen display that is quick and responsive – even when wet or used with gloves.

Click here to view the article

Pictures of the actual device please.

They're included now and there's also more technical info in the initial launch press release here.

ccs-62657-0-11879400-1592374528.jpg

Pricing and Availability ?

We're awaiting confirmation of local availability, but here is the device only pricing:

• Edge 130 Plus - R 4,399
  • Edge 1030 Plus - R 12,999 

More info available on the ZA Garmin site here.

Pictures of the actual device please.

Pricing and Availability ?

Open the link gents............all will be revealed............

My 1030's screen is going blue again. Hopefully they upgrade me to the 1030+ this time.

This will be my 3rd 1030 warranty. :(

My 1030 is more than I need and is still working perfectly.

Hope it stays like that.  Only had one warranty replacement.

its more bike computer than anyone needs.

My 1030's screen is going blue again. Hopefully they upgrade me to the 1030+ this time.

you have to pay in every time as well?

My 820 battery just doesn't hold any more.  I bought two kits together (one for my assistant) and his still works perfectly despite being used way more frequently.   

Took it in, and laughably they wanted like 75% of the 830 price to "replace" it.   At just 18 months  and only about 90 rides.

Wahoo will have my business shortly because Garmin honestly just didn't give a f*ck to listen to me. 

My 820 battery just doesn't hold any more.  I bought two kits together (one for my assistant) and his still works perfectly despite being used way more frequently.   

Took it in, and laughably they wanted like 75% of the 830 price to "replace" it.   At just 18 months  and only about 90 rides.

Wahoo will have my business shortly because Garmin honestly just didn't give a f*ck to listen to me. 

I had my 810 replaced with an 820 for around R1500, as my battery on my 810 was not holding charge.

My 820's screen has developed a halo - since I am not in Canada, I contacted Garmin North America. I am getting a replacement unit free of charge. 

I had 2 options: send current device, and once received, they would send the replacement; or pay a deposit, they ship immediately, and I can return the existing device when I receive the replacement

I have also had my Fenix 5 swapped out (no cost) by Garmin SA, and had a 735xt replaced with a 935 due to the battery not holding charge, for around R1200

I have always felt the treatment received is luck of the draw

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What’s the difference between the Garmin 130 and 130 plus ?

Can the 130 run Trailforks maps

Thank you

Edited by Emazing

My 1030 is more than I need and is still working perfectly.

Hope it stays like that.  Only had one warranty replacement.

Spoke too soon.

My already replaced 1030 has now packed up and is unreliable.

This will be the 7th time it has been back to the agents.

Before I slate the product, I would like to give Garmin another chance.

(Maybe it is from the lack of use as it is still "new")

Edited by Sepia