Rear Hub Help needed

RomP

Hi Hubbers,

1. Need some help to identify the actual model of this hub...( Serial number on the hub comes up blank on Google)

2. The brake side end cap is completely cross threaded and messed up and needs to be replaced. Anyone have a clue where parts are available ?

3. What is needed to run a QR.I bought this from a hubber as a 135x9 QR, but im not sure just a simple axle skewer will do the trick. Looks like QR End caps and 9mm Axle insert type is missing ?

4. This looks like a 10mm TA type hub...if so any idea how to make it work on QR dropouts or should the 10mm TA fit just fine on QR dropouts ?

post-95795-0-63911000-1594794902_thumb.jpg

post-95795-0-42187200-1594794905_thumb.jpg

post-95795-0-55103000-1594794906_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomP

Can't help with the model spec but that hub looks like it was removed using some non-specific tools, causing damage to the end cap and the flange.

yep. This is how I bought it.

Can't help with the model spec but that hub looks like it was removed using some non-specific tools, causing damage to the end cap and the flange.

Did you know about the damage when you bought it?

Unfortunately NOT...assumed all was good until I tried to remove the cap..Other side cap also seized up, cant even get it off.

It is a 12mm TA 135mm long.

Ok so Ive done some homework. This hub most likely came off a 2013 Scott Scale 900RC according to Scott SA.

There are options available in the sense of a Thru Axle with a nut on the far end. 

Pic attached.

This however is a costly part making it to costly @ R800 for the axle...

Other advice was to get a sold bar and have 2 threads cut on the ends with 2 normal locknuts ( Old school Redneck BMX style) ...hmm maybe not to pleasing from an aesthetic appearance point of view :-)

So is there anyone out there with such a DT SWISS or similar 10mm TA off an old Scott ? A used part may be the option to go for ?

post-95795-0-11919400-1594974543_thumb.jpg