Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon VS Fulcrum Quattro Carbon

Danoo1

So I have a set of each and I want to keep one and sell the other. I wanted to get a few opinions on what to keep and what to sell. I appreciate your opinions. Mavics have the alloy brake track.

Edited by Danoo1

Not sure about support from/on Fulcrums, but from my experience with Mavic, I wont get a set again. Proprietary spokes right off the bat, and they have a well known bearing problem 

Keep the Fulcrum Carbon quattros. Used them for a while and was super happy with them. Not the greatest in strong crosswinds but not the worst either. They are strong and roll superbly.

I only got rid of them when upgrading to Bora WTOs. And to be honest, at half the price, you get 90% of the tech and speed of the Campy wheels in those Fulcrums.

A poll will likely reflect very near equal support for the two brands.

That said, I try and steer clear of wheels using proprietary parts.

It may be different nowadays that the normal world has become a smaller place.

The current new normal may however mean similar headaches.

So I have a set of each and I want to keep one and sell the other. I wanted to get a few opinions on what to keep and what to sell. I appreciate your opinions. Mavics have the alloy brake track.

If you're in Cape Town, keep the Mavics.

If in JHB keep the Fulcrums.

If anywhere else, keep the Fulcrums as the Mavic sale to whomever situation isn't clear and the long term viability is questionable