Stolen: Cannondale Supersix EVO - High Mod 2017 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

He was actually rather friendly. Although there was another member of staff that I think posted the facebook advert that was not happy with me, the police or the investigator. 

I now have to get all the invoices I have for the bike, print them and take them and post a statement.

Print pictures you have of it or you with it too?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have to write a whole blog post about all this saga.

I can 100% see why crime pays though, it is ALOT of effort to report the thing, get in contact with insurance company, get investigating officer to come out. Etc Etc

Criminal activity comes with a massive inconvenience that being insured doesn't cover for.

Hopefully these recent recoveries is a small step in the right direction.

He was actually rather friendly. Although there was another member of staff that I think posted the facebook advert that was not happy with me, the police or the investigator. 

I now have to get all the invoices I have for the bike, print them and take them and post a statement.

Surely the insurance should have the serial number of the bike? I would assume it would make the recovery much easier. How much more proof do you need..

Surely the insurance should have the serial number of the bike? I would assume it would make the recovery much easier. How much more proof do you need..

We noted that it was never recorded. It would make it a lot easier. 

I am not sure HOW much proof you need. 

They going to get a photo album of my on the bike though :P

Criminal activity comes with a massive inconvenience that being insured doesn't cover for.

Hopefully these recent recoveries is a small step in the right direction.

I do hope so, just hope the next stolen bike that goes in there, they say, no thanks we dont deal in these goods.

Awesome news , hope someone gets a wrap over the knuckles properly . Unfortunately the only way to stop these criminals from bike jacking is not to have an outlet for an easy offload .

Unfortunately it takes patience and perseverance for these bikes to be recovered .

Massive kudos Pure Savage and all involved for following this through to the end and getting a positive result ????????????????

SA needs more of this .

I would just have written down or grabbed the serial number with the phone while helping to load it lol. You know it’s yours...

ha ha! The assistant got cross I took the photo I did.

Dunno if I missed it, but in what condition is your bike? Did the perps and CC at least look after it?

Dunno if I missed it, but in what condition is your bike? Did the perps and CC at least look after it?

Yes, it no looks no worse condition than being ridden by me into curbs, crashing in PPA races and commuting to work. No cracks, I think there are a few more scratches on the carbon wheels though from the racks.

it amazes how brazen CC is when it comes to fencing stolen goods.

even in the face of insurmountable proof  of ownership they will try to wiggle out and enforce their right to fence the stolen property. This argument works when trying to recover a stolen hifi or TV or toaster but a high end raciing bicycle is a pretty personalised item. Especially when you have the pro name sticker on the toptube

Especially when you have the pro name sticker on the toptube

I remember having a BMX stolen as a kid.

It had a plastic name tag stuck to it which was subsequently removed, but it had been on long enough to leave just enough residue to still make it legible when we got the chop riding it in a nearby neighborhood. :D

Maybe we should have a dropdown option on stolen notices on the hub

"insured"  & " not insured"

Will save the hubbers from alot of grief for trying to track the bike and getting the owner to go retrieve the found bike.

The other thread got intense due to OP not having the same urgency Pure Savage - welldone on this too.

If its marked as insured then we know atleast what stolen bike is out there, but dont need to be so invested in trying to get OP to go recover.

Just so happy CC got taught a lesson tho- nice work!

Maybe we should have a dropdown option on stolen notices on the hub

"insured"  & " not insured"

Will save the hubbers from alot of grief for trying to track the bike and getting the owner to go retrieve the found bike.

The other thread got intense due to OP not having the same urgency Pure Savage - welldone on this too.

If its marked as insured then we know atleast what stolen bike is out there, but dont need to be so invested in trying to get OP to go recover.

Just so happy CC got taught a lesson tho- nice work!

I think we should be stopping any re sale of stolen goods. Otherwise it creates the market.