What happened at Rosemary Hill today?

slickjay007

I don't want to answer for Spinnekop but I share his sentiment and will give you the reason.  The Goverment in all its forms (Departments, police, military) has been doing pretty much what they like for quite some time.  There are many who have dragged them to court and the various departments lost left right and center most of the time.  They have been ordered to pay damages legel fees, etc.  They just turn around and say well that is just the opinion of the courts and ignore it and continue as they were.  So why should someone who is not far away continue to throw money down a pit where there is going to be no return?

Thank you Bateleur. Your explanation of your opinion makes sense and can be interpreted unambigiously. Spinnekop's statement in comparison could be interpreted to mean a great many wildly varying things, which is what my point was...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe someone needs to point out the 40-50 SAP armored vehicles parked in the field behind Rosemary hill, ( not the scrapyard where you cross the road but out behind towards Rhenoster) :ph34r:

Been there a long time though but evidently the police are very invested in the area.

Covid-19 knows that a congregation of roughly 50-100 police officers doesn’t apply to their social distancing and they safe???? Edited by slickjay007

Surely this is the type of case our legal beagles should be taking on a contingency basis? Sue SAPS or whoever and stand to win a good share of the settlement.

I had a friend that did this very successfully with the RAF and other government departments. He reckoned they defended everything regardless of its merits but it was just a way of paying their buddies. Most cases were a slam dunk for him. He bought an aeroplane, amongst other toys. His name was not Bobroff.

Surely this is the type of case our legal beagles should be taking on a contingency basis? Sue SAPS or whoever and stand to win a good share of the settlement.

I had a friend that did this very successfully with the RAF and other government departments. He reckoned they defended everything regardless of its merits but it was just a way of paying their buddies. Most cases were a slam dunk for him. He bought an aeroplane, amongst other toys. His name was not Bobroff.

There's not much dignity in being an ambulance chaser. Maybe that's why he's not your friend anymore?

Heard on the news the other day that RAF are looking to change their procedures. Spending too much time and money in court.

what a right old mess... 2020 surly will go down as a year to forget. ;{

what a right old mess... 2020 surly will go down as a year to forget. ;{

Indeed, just hope we can get our hands on some booze to achieve that feat

• 1 month later...

Just adding here as I did not think this warranted a new thread.

I rode at Rosemary Hill this weekend again, and for the first time decided to take the rock garden turn off close to the end of the trail. Saw a crazy amount of safes standing around. Some cut open, some blown open and some seemingly still in perfect working condition.

Does anyone know the story behind these safes and why they go there to die? Also saw one security guard watching over these safes. 

post-154104-0-14840500-1598268400_thumb.jpg

There are also quite a few abandoned SAPS Caspers and older police vans which can be seen from the trails as well. Interesting place. 

Just adding here as I did not think this warranted a new thread.

I rode at Rosemary Hill this weekend again, and for the first time decided to take the rock garden turn off close to the end of the trail. Saw a crazy amount of safes standing around. Some cut open, some blown open and some seemingly still in perfect working condition.

Does anyone know the story behind these safes and why they go there to die? Also saw one security guard watching over these safes.

attachicon.gif20200823_111831 Reduced size.jpg

There are also quite a few abandoned SAPS Caspers and older police vans which can be seen from the trails as well. Interesting place.

Bizarre

These unguarded armored cars? haha,

Pretty sure the safes are just scrap metal wheeling and dealing, there is a lot of it out that way...

Apologies, did some research, not Casspirs which are abandoned, but actually Nyala.

See below pic which I took this weekend as well.

post-154104-0-56052900-1598273175_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dup08

The safes are older spec safes which the banks discarded or upgraded to newer spec. Some of the safe manufacturers needs to keep the older models for the bank for a few years before they can scrap it.

So the guys don't have the storage capacity at their premises so they end up renting some open ground to store it.

I won't name names but some of the bigger manufacturers end up just dropping the safes down abandoned mine shafts rather than to cut them up. The amount of concrete in those safes are crazy.

The police vehicles are also scrap.

O ja, lastly, the safes are not on RH grounds, I think the owner of the plot / farm next to RH owns that piece of land.

But, as usual, I do not know everything so I can be wrong ????

Edited by RobertWhitehead