FNB Warning

Mojoman

Nope can not be an individual

Buy electricity or something like that

Ja, I will have to go in....my mom is on Eskom and so am I.

What an absolute waste of my time.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually having an issue where I cannot remove old phones from my profile. Keep getting an error message when selecting a device to be removed.

If I remember correctly, the online functionality no longer works, you have to do this via the call centre. I tried to point out to them that they need to remove the functionality from the web rather than just prevent it from actually working, but the call centre agent wasn't able to comprehend..

I had my phone stolen while in Vietnam and it was basically impossible to get the FNB app running on a new phone as they were sending the necessary OTPs via SMS to my SA SIM, which was of course lost with the phone! I then got access to a laptop to switch the OTPs to email, but because the laptop wasn't on my list of trusted devices I couldn't update the backup email address for OTPs...which was needed because instead of using my profile registered email address, they had it set to an old work address I hadn't used for 5yrs!

Total clusterfk.

Only option was phoning the call centre, but after spending R150 of airtime just trying to navigate their IVR line to speak to a human, I gave up till I returned home a week later.

Security is one thing, but FNB unfortunately have taken things to a ridiculous level of impossibility.

If I remember correctly, the online functionality no longer works, you have to do this via the call centre. I tried to point out to them that they need to remove the functionality from the web rather than just prevent it from actually working, but the call centre agent wasn't able to comprehend..

I had my phone stolen while in Vietnam and it was basically impossible to get the FNB app running on a new phone as they were sending the necessary OTPs via SMS to my SA SIM, which was of course lost with the phone! I then got access to a laptop to switch the OTPs to email, but because the laptop wasn't on my list of trusted devices I couldn't update the backup email address for OTPs...which was needed because instead of using my profile registered email address, they had it set to an old work address I hadn't used for 5yrs!

Total clusterfk.

Only option was phoning the call centre, but after spending R150 of airtime just trying to navigate their IVR line to speak to a human, I gave up till I returned home a week later.

Security is one thing, but FNB unfortunately have taken things to a ridiculous level of impossibility.

Made even more fun when your nearest branch is 25km away oneway...we have a branch in Magalies but when I had to sort out my moms account for my dads pension payments I had to go to Kdorp anyway...the staff in there are better suited to litter collection duties....!

Ja.....nee

Sorted. It must be done via app. Website doesn't state this though

Which I couldn't do at the time because I couldn't get the app verified on my new phone...stuck in a loop..

makes me dread upgrading my now 5 year old phone

Naah, it'll be fine....as long as you're in SA and still have access to the SIM registered to your profile & another device that is verified on your account e.g laptop.

That was what I tried to explain to FNB. Their implementation works fine on the "normal" path, but as soon as you go into the negative path things become impossible.

Naah, it'll be fine....as long as you're in SA and still have access to the SIM registered to your profile & another device that is verified on your account e.g laptop.

That was what I tried to explain to FNB. Their implementation works fine on the "normal" path, but as soon as you go into the negative path things become impossible.

Or they decide that no matter how many times you call to change them the number and email that they are going to use are the ones you last used ten years ago.

Try getting a text message about a new card delivery when, despite being told multiple times, they decide to use the old number time after time after time. Three months to get a new debit card...

I am in a state of panic already about an upcoming change of phone. Moving banks may be the easier option.

Or they decide that no matter how many times you call to change them the number and email that they are going to use are the ones you last used ten years ago.

Try getting a text message about a new card delivery when, despite being told multiple times, they decide to use the old number time after time after time. Three months to get a new debit card...

I am in a state of panic already about an upcoming change of phone. Moving banks may be the easier option.

I don't know whats up with FNB...with my mom they wanted to charge me a fee to pick up her bank card in the bank or it was free if it was couriered....except the courier couldn't find her plot so we had to pay to collect the card....? 

go onto online banking on pc, settings, under linked phones remove the linked device that is lost/stolen. 

go onto online banking on pc, settings, under linked phones remove the linked device that is lost/stolen.

Unless they've updated things, that functionality although being visible, no longer actually works...

I'm with ABSA

In March they did an app upgrade, it broke something which meant I could not log in.

Tried all the online channels to get it resolved, but it would not recognise my laptop as a registered device nor my phone, I had to go into the branch.

This with the same phone,sim and laptop I've always used, 

edited to add:

I'd rather have it this way than too easy for some scumbag to get into my account (not that he'd find anything in the account though)

Edited by ouzo

I'm with ABSA

In March they did an app upgrade, it broke something which meant I could not log in.

Tried all the online channels to get it resolved, but it would not recognise my laptop as a registered device nor my phone, I had to go into the branch.

This with the same phone,sim and laptop I've always used, 

edited to add:

I'd rather have it this way than too easy for some scumbag to get into my account (not that he'd find anything in the account though)

Last year I updated my ABSA app and then I had endless issues....had to go into town to the branch....

When I got the new phone last month I just had to provide my ATM card number and its PIN number and then the app was verified. 

Unless they've updated things, that functionality although being visible, no longer actually works...

Banking tab on top and then my device and browsers, delink the respective device. 

Last year I updated my ABSA app and then I had endless issues....had to go into town to the branch....

When I got the new phone last month I just had to provide my ATM card number and its PIN number and then the app was verified. 

that was my biggest issue, I dont know what my ATM card and pin number are. I seem to recall being issued with a card like 20 years ago, never used it, I might have chucked it away.

Banking tab on top and then my device and browsers, delink the respective device.

Yup, that's my exact point. When I needed to do it I tried to use the online functionality as you've described it. However FNB had decided at a point to not allow devices to be removed online, even though the functionality was still available [emoji37]

(Note this was about 18 months ago)