Potentially stolen bike found on FB Marketplace

CDC42

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he is a guy with few words. It looks like he is moving and might just want to get rid of the bike.

Just wondering what the ad has that would suggest it was stolen

Yeah... same here, just looks like an advert where the seller put in little effort. 

As is the case with 70% of adverts

We should thank the OP for posting this.

Even though it may not be a stolen item, getting flagged here as potentially stolen helps keep extra eyes on the market and could help in tracking down genuinely stolen items down the line.

We should thank the OP for posting this.

Even though it may not be a stolen item, getting flagged here as potentially stolen helps keep extra eyes on the market and could help in tracking down genuinely stolen items down the line.

100%, but I'm also just lost as to why he feels it might be stolen... not much suspicious from my view, but maybe I'm missing something

100%, but I'm also just lost as to why he feels it might be stolen... not much suspicious from my view, but maybe I'm missing something

and possibly tarnish a genuine seller...tricky...

First sign of a scam or stolen bike is normally a "too-good-to-be-true" price. 

This looks more like a seller that bought a bike as part of an auction / storage locker setup or took as part trade against debt owed. 

The bike rack on the bike also makes it seem less likely to be stolen unless both were taken together. 

Thanks to the OP.

IF the bike is stolen, these threads gets more eyes out there, and may just help to get it back to its owner.

If it is not stolen, well the add got a LOT more traffic, and his chances of getting a buyer drastically increased ....

win-win.

how to "decide" if an add may be of a stolen item ... uhm ja, between a second language and typing skills (well the lack thereof) most adds could be considered "dodgy" ....  but hey, sometimes one just get that weird feeling .... and after the many stolen posts over the last few days it is easy to over compensate

Thanks to the OP.

IF the bike is stolen, these threads gets more eyes out there, and may just help to get it back to its owner.

If it is not stolen, well the add got a LOT more traffic, and his chances of getting a buyer drastically increased ....

win-win.

how to "decide" if an add may be of a stolen item ... uhm ja, between a second language and typing skills (well the lack thereof) most adds could be considered "dodgy" .... but hey, sometimes one just get that weird feeling .... and after the many stolen posts over the last few days it is easy to over compensate

I disagree completely. A post like this raises suspicion and has the potential to totally ruin a sale.