Pretoria gravel routes?

Crockette

Morning.

I am from the W.Cape, but spending time in PTA nowadays. Looking for some primarily gravel routes which start as close to Brooklyn as possible. Have been riding in Magaliesberg(roads around v Gaalens recently graded btw) which has been fun.

Routes don't have to be all flat dirt and can be a combo of surfaces. Many thanks.

Morning.

I am from the W.Cape, but spending time in PTA nowadays. Looking for some primarily gravel routes which start as close to Brooklyn as possible. Have been riding in Magaliesberg(roads around v Gaalens recently graded btw) which has been fun.

Routes don't have to be all flat dirt and can be a combo of surfaces. Many thanks.

You can ride out on Lynnwood/Atterbury to Boschkop, around the wingerd (check strava) , Rosemary Hill trials and surroundings, Hazeldene area (Cowhouse market)., Wolwespruit. Stay away from Klapperkop/Groenkloof if you are not riding in a big group.

If you want to drive out, check out Big Red Barn, Buffelsdrift...

If you look at a map and draw a polygon from Moreleta Park, to Bapsfontein, Bronkies, Rayton, Silver lakes.

That is all gravel and a fair amount of it is ridden very often. We used to grind out many many kms there.

Tierhoek, Bashewa, Donkerhoek are very popular and you will find many segments and routes out there. Find WTF hill on strava and then find routes where people went up there. 

You can start from a few places like rosemary hill, cowhouse or one of the shopping centres in pta east unless you live out east.

I used to ride that area alone a lot so it is fairly safe, but try find someone to show you the area. I no longer call that area home otherwise I would offer.

The Cape ain't got nothing on us... (said in comic sans).

All of the above and add going to Cullinan and coming back past Buffelsdrift.

You can do around 300km of gravel road - all the way down to Loskop and back. Heck you can even go as far as Dullstroom. 

Unfortunately you'll have to ride a bit on the black stuff to get to the dirt from Brooklyn or as mentioned above you can meet up at a mall or park and ride from there. 

Head me up if you're looking for someone to show you the routes or if you want to go solo just follow me on Strava  :thumbup: