Calculus Gravel Bike

Dyl

post-27202-0-49583400-1595873946_thumb.jpgpost-27202-0-13422900-1595873967_thumb.jpg

I recently got a Gravel frame custom made for me by the awesome guys over at Calculus Bikes. The frame arrived the other day, and after a fairly effortless build of my old parts across, I took her for a spin.

The bike immediately feels right, like how you would imagine a bike that was made for you to feel. Being a gravel bike, the fit won't be super aggressive, but it's far from a lounge chair. It's comfortable but also feels like it's rearing to race.

The power transfer is great. I loved getting out the saddle and pushing up some of the gravel climbs, and on the road is no different.

On the looks side of things, it's gorgeous. Both the titanium itself and the actual lines are beautifully simple. There are places to fasten panniers and ample space for wider tires for long more technical adventures.

:drool:

Idea of frame cost (and did that include wheels, fork etc)? 

And of course: more photographs always welcome. 

That is a beauty!

Would also be interested in some pricing info 

Edited by philip.maree

Trying to figure out how to load images of my Calculus.Sorry for the repeat posts.Perhaps someone can assist?

Trying to figure out how to load images of my Calculus.Sorry for the repeat posts.Perhaps someone can assist?

From a computer, Reply and then More Reply Options

That is a beauty!

Would also be interested in some pricing info 

The price for a custom gravel project is R38k, and includes fitment, Cane Creek headset and CALCULUS carbon fork (Gravel or Adventure version). So it doesn't include the wheels and would vary depending on the fork.