Rook Scout Gravel bike

andyrtmorgan

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the Rook Scout that is being advertised on special at the moment. Looks like a nice entry option. Steel framed 650B for just over R10k. I appreciate that it’s only an 8 speed and that it has cable brakes, but that is upgradeable.

Just interested in hearing some feedback if anyone has ridden one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good option.... If you really like it why not buy the whole company! I see they are currently for sale.

I don't think it's a testament to the bikes, rather to the times.

I like the sliding drop outs and the fact that it's adaptable. 

If I was in the market I would definitely have this at the top of my list.

Are they a bit mini? I see they’re 650b wheels size. At 6’5” do u reckon I might be a bit cramped?

I am 188cm and fit fine, not sure that is in feet and inches

Are they a bit mini? I see they’re 650b wheels size. At 6’5” do u reckon I might be a bit cramped?

im 6'5 too....that means you are 195/197cm ish. i cant see myself fitting on one of those in the largest size(54) without maxing out the seat post height/stem length etc.. Maybe if it came in a 58cm...

3827813b4c714dc4c1d6507171cece5e.jpg

Added flared bars from rapide

At a smidge under 180cm I have literally just ordered a 54cm, hoping that the fit will be fine. I am usually right between a medium and large on Mtb's.

Ordered the 8 speed, and will buy a single speed kit off of Rapide.

Are the standard bars uncomfortable, that why you went with the flared bars? Wish it was an option but at the price and now with a 20% discount, it really is a steal.

Seems like a good option.... If you really like it why not buy the whole company! I see they are currently for sale.

I don't think it's a testament to the bikes, rather to the times.

I like the sliding drop outs and the fact that it's adaptable. 

If I was in the market I would definitely have this at the top of my list.

Does that count as N + ∞ ?

At a smidge under 180cm I have literally just ordered a 54cm, hoping that the fit will be fine. I am usually right between a medium and large on Mtb's.

Ordered the 8 speed, and will buy a single speed kit off of Rapide.

Are the standard bars uncomfortable, that why you went with the flared bars? Wish it was an option but at the price and now with a 20% discount, it really is a steal.

I just liked the look of them and its a little more comfortable on the wrists I have found so far. 

It takes a little time to get used to setting the brakes etc, but its all so simple and so cheap, I dont feel bad riding in rain or mud etc.

Ordered Tuesday morning at around 10am or so.

Bike has just arrived by me now. That's impressive for a bike coming from Cpt to Pretoria.

Need to unbox and build it up, then I can comment but so far just looking in the box it looks purdy.......

Bike has just arrived by me now. That's impressive for a bike coming from Cpt to Pretoria.

Need to unbox and build it up, then I can comment but so far just looking in the box it looks purdy.......

Waiting for the build pics ......

Very jealous