Online price vs in-store price.

DR ◣◢

So I'm in the market for a new saddle. 

Find one online for R750 (+R100 shipping)

Since the store is close to me I decide to get in contact and then go through to purchase it from them in order to save the R100 delivery fee. 

Guess what.... Suddenly the saddle is R1100. Claim is "online exclusive"

Now I get the overhead that gets attached to a product when you shop in-store but a R350 difference...

Fairly common practice it seems.

Some stores will amend price without issues, others will unfortunately try to justify the difference.

If faced with the latter, you could just order "online" while at the store and collect at the same time. :D

Some stores will amend price without issues, others will unfortunately try to justify the difference.

If faced with the latter, you could just order "online" while at the store and collect at the same time. :D

That is always an option haha.  Their website does have a "collect from...." option.

Edited by Mr Dampf

That's what i always do, but I always give a sarcastic reply and say "so must i just order it online while I am standing here" then they usually drop the price instore

That is always an option haha.  Their website does have a "collect from...." option.

Then how the hell do they justify this nonsense ? I often go to CWC with the links of the products needed, if they are displayed in store at a higher price they always match the online price !

I don't see how they can do any other way... if a shop refuses to sell me a product at the advertised price I just don't buy it from them, this is ridiculous, 

Then how the hell do they justify this nonsense ? I often go to CWC with the links of the products needed, if they are displayed in store at a higher price they always match the online price !

I don't see how they can do any other way... if a shop refuses to sell me a product at the advertised price I just don't buy it from them, this is ridiculous, 

I'm shaking my head. I placed my order online and selected collect in-store. 

They also don't offer online payments. Only EFT. I guess they want to maximise margins by not paying credit card processing fees on some items. Good thinking, bad execution. 

That's what i always do, but I always give a sarcastic reply and say "so must i just order it online while I am standing here" then they usually drop the price instore

I had that once at said big CT store and the guy even pointed me in the direction of his store computer to order it and get the discount. Took about 3 minutes and I got the item. Didn't even have to queue up, just went to online collections. Wasn't an issue.