Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

we are getting close with Unno - they have decided I can get one  :clap: They were trying to steer me onto a longer travel bike called the Dash - looks great but again too traily

Just imagine a business where the customer begs you to charge them double the going rate for a product.  Not in my business

I am now waiting for the proforma invoice and then I have to decide

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

easy tiger, just checking the value of my kidneys before I pull the trigger because this will be double what I paid for the early MOBU adoption

20 months interest on the Mobu downpayment should cover it.... 

Plus, you're worth it. You've waited long enough for a super bike, now just buy the superest of bikes!

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

we are getting close with Unno - they have decided I can get one  :clap: They were trying to steer me onto a longer travel bike called the Dash - looks great but again too traily

Just imagine a business where the customer begs you to charge them double the going rate for a product.  Not in my business

I am now waiting for the proforma invoice and then I have to decide

Damn, seriously hope we don't bump into each other next time I go for holiday in the Garden route with my Unno. :ph34r:

Damn, seriously hope we don't bump into each other next time I go for holiday in the Garden route with my Unno. :ph34r:

i also got one recently...it's a bit small for me though...but YOLO :ph34r:

when do you guys wanna meet up......

Edited by morneS555

so it looks done, me Morne and Steffmeister are going to be Unno braai buddies

Lynskey aside, no one was very helpful from stores to brands.  The guy at Unno was so anal wanting pics of my bikes then googling them himself, making me weigh each ball.  I lied about my weight it must be said which is naughty but I will fix that on my end

Not only were they super cool but they were really enthusiastic and put together a great deal.  My budget which was generous, has not been exceeded.  

Edited by Waynemol

20 months interest on the Mobu downpayment should cover it.... 

Plus, you're worth it. You've waited long enough for a super bike, now just buy the superest of bikes!

if only my wife thought like you

I agree with you, I'm worthless worth it

YEEEEOOWWW!!!!!

I am excited for you. I will have to come up and do some Mountain Biking with you when travel is allowed properly.

YEEEEOOWWW!!!!!

I am excited for you. I will have to come up and do some Mountain Biking with you when travel is allowed properly.

I'll be riding alone - you know the saying "all the gear and no idea"

I'm not being falsely modest, I'm cr@p on anything remotely technical and it's not about upskilling, I can and will try, I just lack talent

so it looks done, me Morne and Steffmeister are going to be Unno braai buddies

Lynskey aside, no one was very helpful from stores to brands.  The guy at Unno was so anal wanting pics of my bikes then googling them himself, making me weigh each ball.  I lied about my weight it must be said which is naughty but I will fix that on my end

Not only were they super cool but they were really enthusiastic and put together a great deal.  My budget which was generous, has not been exceeded.

I am excited for you.

I hope the process and finale Unno will be worth it.

Even the shipping box and bubble wrap looks exclusive.

Been eyeing the Unno the last three years, finally I sort of know some one than owns one.

Excellent call.

If you hadn't spent it wisely, you'd only have blown it on school fees, medical aid contributions or other such luxuries.

Ps.

You could always change your mind and buy a horse...

I must just say that of the 20 or so brands I have contacted, Lynskey had the best service, best value and best understanding of getting a bike to SA

Maybe your problem is that you want a unique carbon dual sus that is hard to find here, and shipping europe holidays, covid covid yada yadda means maybe you're looking in the wrong place, and instead you should be looking here.

and no, I'm not just talking about PYGA

AFAIK there is just one other outfit here that can build you a custom carbon bike.

The mountain bike frames we build are special, specially built for you. We listen to what you want, how you ride and how you see your bike, we also look at your particular physique. With that information a carbon fiber bike frame is created for you. Each and every frame is unique, no moulds and no copies. When it comes to the components fitted on the bike, that will depend on your preferences and what will work best on the bike, together we will decide the best route to go. Below are several examples of the bike builds we have undertaken.

drum

roll

https://www.blackcomposites.co.za/product-category/bikes/

Maybe your problem is that you want a unique carbon dual sus that is hard to find here, and shipping europe holidays, covid covid yada yadda means maybe you're looking in the wrong place, and instead you should be looking here.

and no, I'm not just talking about PYGA

AFAIK there is just one other outfit here that can build you a custom carbon bike.

drum

roll

https://www.blackcomposites.co.za/product-category/bikes/

Pyga was my first choice, I just ran out of patience

as for this one............yoh, fugly

Geez, I got a little distracted as the Nicolai guys got back with the super customised light weight Ti bike with bling to match my parts and significantly cheaper less expensive

I'm holding steady and going with the Unno

Pyga was my first choice, I just ran out of patience

as for this one............yoh, fugly

it's a custom made carbon mtb in maitland, cape town.

you can make it look however you want!!