Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

Very clean build, just not a Cannondale fan. Hey, that's just me though........

Feel a little disappointed personally, was looking forward to drooling over a Mondraker.

Very clean build, just not a Cannondale fan. Hey, that's just me though........

Feel a little disappointed personally, was looking forward to drooling over a Mondraker.

I had to get my head around this too - Mondraker's are beautiful and were my first choice but they treated me like sh*t

Without a doubt EFF and Lachlan Morton made me not mind Cannondales big brandness and the service I got here was unbelievable.  I worked hard for this bike, saved and bought parts for almost 2 years.  Lionel cared and stripped a bike they could have sold to make my dream happen - and this after I told him I'm unbranding the bike which I now won't do

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have missed it in the thread but what wheels are these and what do they weigh?

Thanks.

Lekker looking bike. many happy miles sir

Nick the wheelbuilder built them  - Nextie rims I think with Ainvee hubs. The hubs are specials

front 600grams with valve and tape

rear 720grams with XD driver

I had to get my head around this too - Mondraker's are beautiful and were my first choice but they treated me like sh*t

Without a doubt EFF and Lachlan Morton made me not mind Cannondales big brandness and the service I got here was unbelievable.  I worked hard for this bike, saved and bought parts for almost 2 years.  Lionel cared and stripped a bike they could have sold to make my dream happen - and this after I told him I'm unbranding the bike which I now won't do

I suppose that is what it boils down to isn't it?

Amazing customer service, which makes a product a whole lot more attractive.

Knowing you have a relationship with Lionel going forward is also awesome. I really do think you landed up with the best version of the bike you were looking for, if not necessarily the bike you 'wanted'. 

From all the SE vs Evo shoot outs I've seen, the SE really does tick all the boxes RE performance.

Looking forward to some ride feedback and some video's of you falling in the back yard!

I suppose that is what it boils down to isn't it?

Amazing customer service, which makes a product a whole lot more attractive.

Knowing you have a relationship with Lionel going forward is also awesome. I really do think you landed up with the best version of the bike you were looking for, if not necessarily the bike you 'wanted'. 

From all the SE vs Evo shoot outs I've seen, the SE really does tick all the boxes RE performance.

Looking forward to some ride feedback and some video's of you falling in the back yard!

The nice thing about my SE is that it's a one off - the Real SE is awesome in colour but isn't as light framewise.  Sadly it won't be in SA and I think its just the right bike for here

I'm probably going to keep my rides mostly on simple stuff till I have my own backyard crash pit - Rob came and laid out the course plan.  It's only 900m but it will be quick down and actually quite tough back up.  

Will be sure to post a video of me doing crossups and pulling peace signs

Without a doubt EFF and Lachlan Morton made me not mind Cannondales big brandness and the service I got here was unbelievable. I worked hard for this bike, saved and bought parts for almost 2 years. Lionel cared and stripped a bike they could have sold to make my dream happen - and this after I told him I'm unbranding the bike which I now won't do

Customer service is rare. We have a 'Dale in the family and love it.

The nice thing about my SE is that it's a one off - the Real SE is awesome in colour but isn't as light framewise.  Sadly it won't be in SA and I think its just the right bike for here

I'm probably going to keep my rides mostly on simple stuff till I have my own backyard crash pit - Rob came and laid out the course plan.  It's only 900m but it will be quick down and actually quite tough back up.  

It is difficult, but taking pictures from the right angle can make the jumps look bigger.....not that I've ever done that.........but, basically, it takes some lying flat in the mud with the camera.........see if your wife is willing........ :ph34r:

we need a build thread for the backyard crash pit too please

The nice thing about my SE is that it's a one off - the Real SE is awesome in colour but isn't as light framewise. Sadly it won't be in SA and I think its just the right bike for here

I'm probably going to keep my rides mostly on simple stuff till I have my own backyard crash pit - Rob came and laid out the course plan. It's only 900m but it will be quick down and actually quite tough back up.

900m is plenty, my favourite trail here has a 1000m flow line, and my legs are begging me to stop after I am only half way through

Sweet build dude! I can see how your OCD flares up a bit with the bronze / gold not exactly matching, but I have no doubts you'll sort that out soon. Judging by the amount of exposed seatpost and stem spacers did you try an XL frame? 

Also, I haven't ready the word "crossup" in yonks... The first trick you'd try to learn as a tween BMXer in my hood, most of the time resulting in a face full of dirt.

Edited by TyronLab

we need a build thread for the backyard crash pit too please

And we wont settle for anything less than perfectly manicured, perfectly graded, perfectly marked, waterpoints, trailhead etc etc. ????

Edit: everything worth doing is worth overdoing

Edited by morneS555

Sweet build dude! I can see how your OCD flares up a bit with the bronze / gold not exactly matching, but I have no doubts you'll sort that out soon. Judging by the amount of exposed seatpost and stem spacers did you try an XL frame? 

Also, I haven't ready the word "crossup" in yonks... The first trick you'd try to learn as a tween BMXer in my hood, most of the time resulting in a face full of dirt.

I'm 183 or 6ft in old money so the sizing is spot on - the risers on the stem are because I have a dodgy back.  The Scalpel does seem to expose a lot of seatpost, my other bikes don't

Crossups are coming

And we wont settle for anything less than perfectly manicured, perfectly graded, perfectly marked, waterpoints, trailhead etc etc.

Edit: everything worth doing is worth overdoing

The trail is laid out and Rob is finishing the berms as I type - I am busy building a bridge right now.  He will then come and compact and do the final sculpting.  The guys is an artist.  When I toyed with doing it myself this is not what I had in mind.  People would pay to ride this thing.

And you can't upgrade a bathroom for this money

I can barely believe this is happening, I will get the local bike shop kids to come do a video and bed in the track. 

I am not riding my new bike until I can do it at home

gotcha, CBR in Durbanville have copper Vinyl so if that fails, stealth black Fork

I saw that brushed copper vinyl yesterday and had a look at the same frame at a nearby store. I think it would look so good I think it's so close to the Cannondale name color and finish. It would look like the frame and fork was a set.

can someone please tell me how to change the thread name

Right to bring some balance to the bike I have added a blue derailleur cage from garbaruk - waiting on some decals for the suspension parts from CBR but I may just leave these as is

post-81229-0-84508200-1600161564_thumb.jpg