Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snip

Trail guy coming on Saturday - maybe I just pimp the Open or buy a Norco revolver and have a bike built immediately

or maybe I...

....buy a mini velo for the mini trail network ^_^

Edited by morneS555

Just go in the 100% opposite direction to your whole plan of spending as much as possible and buy a Giant frame - https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/trance-advanced-pro-29-frameset

They are so rare that you will almost never bump into another one in SA (other than mine) and it will do everything you ever want with a meaningful warranty attached. They also have better paint jobs than any other brand I've seen.

I've got both the Reign and Trance frames in the "Chameleon" colour schemes and have only ever seen one other Reign frame out there (a friend who bought the same frame).

I suspect there might be fewer of those in SA than most of the bikes you've looked at so far.

...just my opinion - I know you won't settle for a Giant after looking at Unno!

Just go in the 100% opposite direction to your whole plan of spending as much as possible and buy a Giant frame - https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/trance-advanced-pro-29-frameset

They are so rare that you will almost never bump into another one in SA (other than mine) and it will do everything you ever want with a meaningful warranty attached. They also have better paint jobs than any other brand I've seen.

I've got both the Reign and Trance frames in the "Chameleon" colour schemes and have only ever seen one other Reign frame out there (a friend who bought the same frame).

I suspect there might be fewer of those in SA than most of the bikes you've looked at so far.

...just my opinion - I know you won't settle for a Giant after looking at Unno!

I rode anthems from 2006 (still have it) until

2017 when they gambled on 650b and I got sucked in. That’s where they lost me

I still rate my xtc as an all time favourite - I’m a fan of the brand but yes you’re right, I can’t do it

their loss...they obviously hate money. Lots of those around.

Or, they know it won't be to his liking and have enough scruples to be honest with their clients.

Wayne, good luck. What do you have in your sights?

Sorry Unno did not work out. Their loss, do not know of other Unno in SA, this could have been there poster bike for SA.

Perhaps tou should take a look at what Lionel from Cannondale suggest.

No Scalpel SE currently in SA, if you get a frame, any Scalpel frame of your choice, you could be the only Scalpel SE mod in SA.

Or, they know it won't be to his liking and have enough scruples to be honest with their clients.

Wayne, good luck. What do you have in your sights?

These guys have been brilliant - I have swerved around like like JZ on a witness stand - I want 120 120 which is a stretch for me and they don’t do it - when we ran out of options they just said don’t buy the bike unless you are sure

I’m not, more in love with their brand and process and it’s not going to get me what I want ultimately

Back to the drawing board but this time keeping my gob shut for a bit (if I can)

Sorry Unno did not work out. Their loss, do not know of other Unno in SA, this could have been there poster bike for SA.

Perhaps tou should take a look at what Lionel from Cannondale suggest.

No Scalpel SE currently in SA, if you get a frame, any Scalpel frame of your choice, you could be the only Scalpel SE mod in SA.

6 weeks till these arrive plus stripping and repainting which would void the warranty (which would not put me off)

These guys have been brilliant - I have swerved around like like JZ on a witness stand - I want 120 120 which is a stretch for me and they don’t do it - when we ran out of options they just said don’t buy the bike unless you are sure

I’m not, more in love with their brand and process and it’s not going to get me what I want ultimately

Back to the drawing board but this time keeping my gob shut for a bit (if I can)

Pyga. And patience. Get a good book or series to keep your mind occupied while you wait........

Pyga. And patience. Get a good book or series to keep your mind occupied while you wait........

It won’t be the Pyga, yes I got frustrated at the wait but it’s not the whole story - I don’t like the lines - the stage was/is beautiful and the Mobu doesn’t do it for me

Plus while I think I can hang in for a few more weeks I need a guarantee the bike will be built and ready 27 October

And I wanted to change the thread title but don't know how

This thread has replaced bold and the beautiful!

I wonder how many plot twists there could still be lurking (I reckon it's going to end up with some Latvian garagiste 26" build)