Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-mountain-bike-frames/419407/yeti-sb100-t-series-turq-2019-medium-new?referrer=homepage

Why not just this (or one of these?)

There can't be too many in SA, it looks sweet as bananas and is probably exactly what you're after re performance

its a 2019 (I must have the latest and greatest) It's a medium and worst of all, it doesn't match my stuff

There is so much more to this soap opera than a good quality bike

Oh and I just don't like the name

This thread has replaced bold and the beautiful!

I wonder how many plot twists there could still be lurking (I reckon it's going to end up with some Latvian garagiste 26" build)

This drama is consuming my life - probably because my business life is so unpleasant right now I'm obsessing on something I enjoy

I would say in the last month I have spent more time online since I got a hotmail address in '95

This drama is consuming my life - probably because my business life is so unpleasant right now I'm obsessing on something I enjoy

I would say in the last month I have spent more time online since I got a hotmail address in '95

that is really wanting the latest and greatest. Free email before it's launched,

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-mountain-bike-frames/419407/yeti-sb100-t-series-turq-2019-medium-new?referrer=homepage

Why not just this (or one of these?)

There can't be too many in SA, it looks sweet as bananas and is probably exactly what you're after re performance

Largely rated as one of the most competent bikes in the segment, and damn capable in the rough, too.

yes have always liked these....

Have one. It's like nothing I've ever ridden. Can be built up super light (Mine is at 13.4kg with average components. 

The Protein Powder colour will be complimented extremely well with all the trick bits you have accumulated. 

While they aren't the scarcest bike in SA they are fantastic and you have local support and spare availability 

I mean... just look at it. 

post-22685-0-55231400-1598000483_thumb.jpg

This thread has replaced bold and the beautiful!

I wonder how many plot twists there could still be lurking (I reckon it's going to end up with some Latvian garagiste 26" build)

A real plot twist would be me asking Wayne if he wants his old Stage back  :ph34r:

post-50555-0-96413700-1598004295_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nakoota

IMHO lots of the recommendations seems directed to bikes used for more technical riding than what Mr Mol would use it for; adding bling to the build, but also weight and not giving the ideal ride for his application.

Typical case of nice to look at, but no real difference between any other "new" bike his had.

Something longer, with less progressive geometry and travel not more than 120 front and 100mm rear would be my recommendation.